Catmergency

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

alan refail
KG Regular

Don't let your cat near the phone unless you want a visit from the boys in blue :wink: :wink:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-sout ... s-11962187

Primrose
KG Regular

Yes, I saw that. Looks as if butter wouldn't melt in his mouth, doesn't he?
Clive.
KG Regular

Committee Kittee sits on the computer keyboard at work...does a bit of padding to get comfy...and gets across a few keys and all sorts of bleeps come out of the computer....

....'cept the other day 3 crucial keys were sat on that turned the screen through 90 degrees....
....with task bar then up the left hand side..that being the new bottom of the screen.. :? :shock:

I had come across this facility before but only via clicking on the graphics dept and not via keys...trying to drive a mouse at that angle to correct was interesting...

Clive.
richard p
KG Regular

weve had the cat run accross the keybard and had to ring the puter shop to get talked through how to get it back to usable :D
Primrose
KG Regular

Our last cat used to come and sit on the keyboard of our electronic organ when I was playing it. He'd sit at one end and there would be a permanent jangle of chords as a background harmony. Actually my playing was so bad you could hardly notice the difference! Sometimes I would forget to switch it off and he would just jump up on the keyboard and pad up and down trying to figure out where the noise came from.
Chantal
KG Regular

Clive. wrote:Committee Kittee sits on the computer keyboard at work...does a bit of padding to get comfy...and gets across a few keys and all sorts of bleeps come out of the computer....

....'cept the other day 3 crucial keys were sat on that turned the screen through 90 degrees....
....with task bar then up the left hand side..that being the new bottom of the screen.. :? :shock:

I had come across this facility before but only via clicking on the graphics dept and not via keys...trying to drive a mouse at that angle to correct was interesting...

Clive.

I accidentally managed to do that to my work computer a while back, had to scream for help.

What I want to know is WHY there is a facility for turning your screen through 90 degrees?
Chantal

I know this corner of the earth, it smiles for me...
peter
KG Regular

Chantal wrote:...What I want to know is WHY there is a facility for turning your screen through 90 degrees?

So that if you have a wide-screen display, you can physically rotate it through ninety degrees and have a display roughly the seam format as a sheet of paper. :)
Do not put off thanking people when they have helped you, as they may not be there to thank later.

I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

If i had a cat, i would get it to do the cooking! :shock: :)
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Nature's Babe
KG Regular

I tried to lift my cat off the computer.....wrong move...claws dug in and it damaged two keys!
Sit down before a fact as a little child, be prepared to give up every preconcieved notion, follow humbly wherever and to whatever abyss nature leads, or you shall learn nothing.
By Thomas Huxley
http://www.wildrye.info/reserve/
Elaine
KG Regular

I always said cats were superior beings! :lol:
There was an article in the Daily Express yesterday, regarding a cat who is able to open a window. When his owners were out, a fire broke out in the kitchen and the clever puss did his trick and escaped through the window...when the neighbours saw smoke pouring out of said window, they rang for the fire service and the damage to the house was minimal.

I don't know how to post the link but I'm certain Alan or Peter will be able to find it for me. :D

Cheers.
Happy with my lot
Elle's Garden
KG Regular

oldherbaceous wrote:If i had a cat, i would get it to do the cooking! :shock: :)

My wonderful, and sadly late, Mother-in-law had a neighbour with a cat that he joyfully called Cooking Fat apparently for the express purpose of calling it in at night when he'd had one too many. :lol: :lol:
Kind regards,

Elle
Chantal
KG Regular

peter wrote:
Chantal wrote:...What I want to know is WHY there is a facility for turning your screen through 90 degrees?

So that if you have a wide-screen display, you can physically rotate it through ninety degrees and have a display roughly the seam format as a sheet of paper. :)

Thanks Peter, you learn something every day. Can't see me need this function though. :wink:

My Diego tries very hard to help with the cooking, but it usually involves sticking his paw into something he thinks he can eat. In his new guise as a "human" he's now found a taste for curry (hot), chilli (hot), any kind of meal with meat in it (including the veg), watching TV avidly most evenings and pushing in a video when the programme isn't up to scratch. :roll:
Chantal

I know this corner of the earth, it smiles for me...
madasafish
KG Regular

Cats are of course more intelligent than the humans who feed and shelter them for no return..
peter
KG Regular

A dog I owned some years ago would drink my whisky if I put the glass on the floor next to my chair and didn't keep an eye on it.

He'd commando crawl across the carpet and the first inkling you'd get that your drink was being stolen would be the noise of his tongue in the glass. ;)
Do not put off thanking people when they have helped you, as they may not be there to thank later.

I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/
Westi
KG Regular

My sister-in-laws cat would drink wine. Right pain at a party at hers - drink 1/2 empty with fur in it and drunk cat being life and soul until
it went to sleep - on the coats and very peeved when you disturbed it
to go home. Passed on now but still a good topic to bring up when everyone is around -'Remember Sam', who as years go by is attributed to more and more.

Westi
Westi
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic