party invite

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Chantal
KG Regular

Hi Peter

I've been drinking mulled wine for at least 2 hours in the hope that it will help me sleep off a poxy cold. :roll:

Diego was snoring a minute ago, but has just got up to investigate the food bowls, his favourite pastime. No idea whereabouts the others are, asleep somewhere as they're in for the night, but it's all quiet. :D
Chantal

I know this corner of the earth, it smiles for me...
peter
KG Regular

The raspberry vodka isn't helping my blocked sinus's either.

Helps me forget them tho. :D
Do not put off thanking people when they have helped you, as they may not be there to thank later.

I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/
richard p
KG Regular

im just off to get some coffee.... theres a bit of applecake lurking arround somewhere as well.... with a bit of luck the x factor will be over by the time i get back :D
peter
KG Regular

Brilliant headline.from an Irish newspaper about their politicians, "Useless Gobshites" I think it and its application travel well. :evil: :twisted:
Do not put off thanking people when they have helped you, as they may not be there to thank later.

Nature's Babe
KG Regular

Well no excuse like a cold or sinusitis, but just tested some if my chilli vodka,
it blew me away, last time I tasted something like that was in Germany local farmers homemade schnapps ! :D
Sit down before a fact as a little child, be prepared to give up every preconcieved notion, follow humbly wherever and to whatever abyss nature leads, or you shall learn nothing.
By Thomas Huxley
http://www.wildrye.info/reserve/
madasafish
KG Regular

People get the politicians they deserve...

In the good times, anyone who dared to suggest that living on borrowed money was a bad thing was howled down and politicians who suggested prudent spending were not listened to..

Politicians only reflect the mood of the voters..

IF the Irish Government falls - their majority is down to 2 following a huge loss at the most recent by election - the Opposition have promised that they would not cut spending. Result: no-one will lend to Ireland and the country will effectively go bust..

And then the new Government will make the current one look highly competent and popular.

(and by bust I mean bust. Properly. Unable to pay anything. Ireland has an annual surplus of expenditure over income of 32% of its Gross Domestic Product. If they could not borrow except at ruinous rates of say 20% pa, the Irish could forget Pensions, and unemployment benefits)

Oh and the Irish banks would go bust and with them the UK Government would have to help the UK banks

"Which British banks are at risk? Well according to new research by Morgan Stanley, total lending to Ireland’s private and public sectors is equivalent to 92.3% of the net assets of Denmark’s Danske Bank, 89.5% of Royal Bank of Scotland’s net assets, 60.2% of Lloyds’ net assets and 15.9% of Barclays’ net assets. Those figures exclude bank-to-bank lending, but they indicate how exposed Britain’s banks are to Ireland’s woes (RBS is most exposed, as the owner of a substantial Irish bank, Ulster Bank)."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/thereporters ... nt_fo.html

So we'd have to pay for it... Anyone fancy a base rate of income tax of 35% an a cut in benefits of 25%..?

Nope.. Thought not.

Chickens roost and banks go bust in recessions. This could be like 1929 all over again but for longer and much worse...

I hope not.

EDIT: mine's a quadruple gin and tonic...: :) :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :mrgreen:
peter
KG Regular

Who's in charge of the entertainment?

How about this from Old Herbaceous's potting shed?

Oops i spilt some of the mix

The Mouse
KG Regular

I've made it at last - please, pour me a drink!!!

Well, we lived down to our reputation at the quiz - last again! :oops:

Hey, Madasafish, that's serious stuff for a party. Still, since you raised the topic, here's a word I learnt earlier which you might be interested to know: kakistocracy.
If I tell you that it is being used to describe the governments of several countries, including Ireland, what do you think it might mean?

I will give you its definition later, but in the meantime, I will leave you to guess!

Now, where did I leave those bottles of plonk?.... :)
Cauliflower is nothing but cabbage with a college education.
Mark Twain
peter
KG Regular

The Mouse wrote:...Now, where did I leave those bottles of plonk?.... :)

:oops: :oops: :oops: Oh were they yours?

Chantal mulled some and I drank at least one bottle, the dog carried one off to the corner......

The Mouse
KG Regular

peter wrote:
The Mouse wrote:...Now, where did I leave those bottles of plonk?.... :)

:oops: :oops: :oops: Oh were they yours?

Chantal mulled some and I drank at least one bottle, the dog carried one off to the corner......

You're welcome - I kept some aside, just in case!
Hope the dog is ok, though, because some of that was homebrew and pretty potent - our very own "under the table" wine! :lol:
Cauliflower is nothing but cabbage with a college education.
Mark Twain
peter
KG Regular

Looks like they must have missed the turning off the main road.

That or the cold weather put them off. :?

oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Morning all, well i was worried i had missed a big event, where did everone get to? I simply got froze through yesterday and once in the warm nodded off not waking till gone midnight. :oops:

And the strange thing is, i feel tireder than normal.
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

I just found the cowboy food i was going to bring, sausages and beans, a bit cold, but perfectly edible if anyone wants some now, they are quite nice actually. :twisted: :)
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Chantal
KG Regular

I had to go to bed at 9.30pm, I have a cold and felt lousy.

Where did our genial hostess with mostest get to? :roll:
Chantal

I know this corner of the earth, it smiles for me...
The Grock in the Frock
KG Regular

Sorry couldnt make last night,felt rubbish,still feel rubbish :(
Love you lots like Jelly Tots
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic