Astrological gardening

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

alan refail
KG Regular

I've heard of lunar planting but this is a new one on me - planning according to the signs of the zodiac.

http://hendry.ifas.ufl.edu/HCHortNews_A ... dening.htm
Johnboy
KG Regular

Hi Alan,
What a load of absolute B-----ks! I reckon these geeks try to out-do each other to find out how wacky they can be.
Rudolph Steiner is begining to look good well almost.
BTW what has happened to that thread? I simply cannot find it and put in a search for Rudolph Steiner and got no results!
JB.
madasafish
KG Regular

Hmm
I just plant when the weather/season is right and have done so for 30 years. As I have had no notable disasters , I must have been lucky.

But then I'm a Libran.

What a load of carp.
alan refail
KG Regular

Johnboy wrote:Hi Alan,
What a load of absolute B-----ks! I reckon these geeks try to out-do each other to find out how wacky they can be.
Rudolph Steiner is begining to look good well almost.
BTW what has happened to that thread? I simply cannot find it and put in a search for Rudolph Steiner and got no results!
JB.

Still there - and bumped
Nature's Babe
KG Regular

oooops - and I never checked before planting that asparagus and garlic today. :lol:
Sit down before a fact as a little child, be prepared to give up every preconcieved notion, follow humbly wherever and to whatever abyss nature leads, or you shall learn nothing.
By Thomas Huxley
http://www.wildrye.info/reserve/
Colin Miles
KG Regular

What is 'amusing' is that nowhere is it mentioned that it should all be done according to the Sidereal Zodiac, which is anywhere between 23 and maybe 30 degrees out of phase with the Tropical Zodiac which is used in the West, depending upon which 'authority' you use. Much, if not all of this is, actually, a direct follow-on from Steiner.

The best results for anything, whether human, animal or plant, comes from the knowledged of the situation and the care and attention that is given, irrespective of time or place or...
Nature's Babe
KG Regular

I think that is very true Colin, kinda being tuned in to the elements, plants, and the whole garden.
Sit down before a fact as a little child, be prepared to give up every preconcieved notion, follow humbly wherever and to whatever abyss nature leads, or you shall learn nothing.
By Thomas Huxley
http://www.wildrye.info/reserve/
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic