Prince of hypocrisy

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Nature's Babe
KG Regular

Alan we all know that it is possible to cite other articles to prove a point either way, many here have different views, no one is denying your right to believe anything you choose. I choose respect for others views without having to prove my point, or squash and ridicule their beliefs just to boost my own ego. I value mutual respect and tolerance far more than being right or always having the last word.
Sit down before a fact as a little child, be prepared to give up every preconcieved notion, follow humbly wherever and to whatever abyss nature leads, or you shall learn nothing.
By Thomas Huxley
http://www.wildrye.info/reserve/
alan refail
KG Regular

Hi NB

I understand the words, but I'm unsure what you're saying or what point you're trying to make. What articles did I cite?

"Respect others' views" and discuss nothing?

[edited to add:]

Could you explain what you mean by the following? And provide some examples.

Nature's Babe wrote:When you look at the marvel of life you see complexity and yet threads that
run through all like fibonacci numbers occurring again and again
JohnN
KG Regular

I can never understand the logic of people who say that because the world is complex and “wonder-full” that it must have been designed by an outside force, sometimes called “God”.
The whole human brain process involved here is thinking “arent we all wonderful” – but of course it would think that, it’s built that way.
There might well be another civilisation living in the stars which, discovering the world that we rave about, would think “what a crude, unimaginative place that is compared to our planet” – and then there could be another civilisation that would think the same about them, and so on ad infinitum! None of our, or their, views would have any validity whatsoever.
Shallot Man
KG Regular

JohnN. And they might not have allotments. :( :(
JohnN
KG Regular

Shallot man
Of course they'd have allotments. Just think how fast they coud dig them with all those tentacles :D
Shallot Man
KG Regular

JohnN. You raise a valid point.
alan refail
KG Regular

I there was I thinking our own dear PoW was hypocritical :!: :oops:

"God's bankers" hit the fan again

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-11380628

Mark 11:15-19 (King James Version)

15And they came to Jerusalem: and Jesus went into the temple, and began to cast out them that sold and bought in the temple, and overthrew the tables of the moneychangers, and the seats of them that sold doves;

16And would not suffer that any man should carry any vessel through the temple.

17And he taught, saying unto them, Is it not written, My house shall be called of all nations the house of prayer? but ye have made it a den of thieves.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic