WE NEED LOTS OF SUPPORT

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

pigletwillie
KG Regular

Peter,

Mrs Piglet and I are off to the plot for a large part of Wednesday. After three days of non smoking, hopefully the rest of the plot will be dug over by elevenses :evil: .

I must report that Kazzi is holding up very well but found it difficult last night. The forum support is great and after today she will be £8.50 better off. If Kazzi can get through the first week or so It will be a great boost for her.

Grock, Lizzie, how are you doing.
Kindest regards Piglet

"You cannot plough a field by turning it over in your mind".
lizzie
KG Regular

Morning all.

How's everyone? Ok? Groovy.

Not feeling too bad this morning. The pots £6.30 up so starting to look healthy. One thing I decided to do was to draw the fag money out of the bank, not to leave it there. If I was smoking, that's what I would have done.

Still feeling a bit twitchy. Took the dog for his morning walk and would have mugged the person in front for their ciggie. Resisted the urge, turned around and walked the opposite direction.

I also had another thought at 3.00am this morning. I bought a gorgeous amythyst and pearl bracelet which I love. Thought I might go back to the same jeweller and buy another of her pieces. They're all originals and solid silver. Another little treat me thinks!!!
Lots of love

Lizzie
pigletwillie
KG Regular

Hi Grock and Lizzie

How have you both done today? I had a tough morning with cravings which lasted about an hour and a half. Even a sniff of someone else's cigarette would have seen me through, but no such luck. Even the only other 2 smokers are saying they are not enjoying theirs. They both too have been saying for a long time that they must give up. One of them did give up a while ago, for three weeks. I feel I must set an example to them, without pressuring them of course.

I had to resort to buying some Nicorette gum at lunch time and I must say they have had the desired effect. I have had three pieces so far and I think I may be able to go through the rest of the evening without another one. Mainly because my jaws are aching so much!!! I did only by the lowest at 2mg nicotine. I didn't want to go higher and then have to wean myself of them!

Also, I ate like a pig this morning ( :lol: ) - probably because I AM one! I am really testing my willpower at the moment with the diet and the ciggies. I am also having a go twice a day on the exercise bike. I am up to 3 minutes now! :lol:

Finally, I must say, that all in all, today hasn't been as bad as I had expected. Long may it last.
Let me know how you two have got on.

Love, Miss Porcas
Kindest regards Piglet

Chantal
KG Regular

Well done Miss P, you're doing great. :D
Chantal

I know this corner of the earth, it smiles for me...
The Grock in the Frock
KG Regular

HELP ME ,HELP ME!as you can see its 4.15 am by my clock and i want a fag,could gladly kill at this moment :x ,going to make a cup of char and then go back to bed.Mrs p,did you get my last P.M the one with the support number?do ye think i could ring myself :cry:
Love you lots like Jelly Tots
lizzie
KG Regular

Hang in there Girlies, the nicotine is nearly out of your systems. By tomorrow morning your blood with be nicotine free. It's only will power after that.

I'm not doing too badly today. I was really tempted yesterday. I thought I was going to have to have one of my pussycats put to sleep so was stressing out. She's ok at the mo, just waiting for blood tests to come back today to see what happens next.

When i've really wanted one i've been going on realarcade.com and playing a game. It does help cos I concentrate on the game, not on the fags.

Group hug girls, we can do it. Just look at the jars of money, all stacking up nicely.
Lots of love

Lizzie
Sue
KG Regular

Go for it girls - we are all cheering you on. If you can get through the next couple of days, it will get easier.

I used to smoke years ago so know it's hell to give up. If you do cave in and have one, tell yourself that was a one-off slip and get straight back on the wagon. It's soooo easy to say 'oh well' and go back to the fags otherwise.

Sue
lizzie
KG Regular

I know Sue. Been there, done that, worn out the t-shirt. :lol:

It is easy but will try very very very hard not to do it this time. Not easy with a 16 year old daughter doing GCSE's. She drives me nuts. She's not a bad kid, far from it. She just drives me nuts!!!! 8)
Lots of love

Lizzie
Sue
KG Regular

So stress levels at an all time high round your house Lizzie :shock: Best of luck to you both - exams and quitting smoking are not a recipie for calm, but hang in there.

Try having a time-out for de-stressing - it sounds loopy but it does work. Allow yourself 5 minutes (time it with an alarm if you can), then have a rant, dance, jump up & down or whatever you want. It releases pent up tension, parks the stress there and then you can walk away from it and get on with life.

Is the cat OK at least?

Sue
lizzie
KG Regular

Don't know about Sweetie yet. Will just have to wait and see. She's 14 so it's expected. I honestly thought that I was going to lose her yesterday. But have gone with the vets advice.

As for a de-stress I put the portable cd player on. Get my favourite U2 tracks and start dancing!!! Not a pretty sight, a 37 year old pogoing, but hey, it floats my boat!!! :lol: I then put on some Led Zep or something. Just depends what I feel like. Could be Jools Holland, anything I fancy that day.

Sian plays electric guitar so she plays that. Sometimes the volume goes up but one side the neighbours are deaf, and the other side and the back like to hear her playing. She plays a lot of Santana, Slash, Eric Clapton and, of course, Edge.

If none of the above work, there's always chocolate cake :twisted:
Lots of love

Lizzie
pigletwillie
KG Regular

Hi Girls - So sorry to hear about your craving Grock. What on earth were you doing craving a fag at 4.15 in the MORNING! I took an A/L day today and spent all day on the allotment with Piglet. It's "bonfire day" today so that's kind of a treat really. I found myself deliberately breathing in some bonfire smoke but it made me choke so resorted to a Nicorette chewing gum! We took the frying pan with us and cooked some snorkers and bacon and had them in cobs with brown sauce, followed by a cream cake each. Nice diet eh?

I've had a fair few cravings today but they are lasting only about 5 or 10 minutes, which I suppose is bearable. I am sure I would feel better if I could just sniff somebody else's now and again, or, it would really put me off to SEE someone smoking. I always thought it looks terrible to see someone dragging on a cigarette, taking it deep into their lungs and blowing out all over the place and then stinking like an old ashtray. I did as much digging as my back would allow and we planted some parsnips, carrots and onions. Also, big excitement - our water has been turned on down the lottie. Not many people know that. We need to get our big water tanks filled up before we have a hosepipe ban. :lol:

Anyway, hang on in there girls. We're always going to have some sort of stress in our lives. I have to live with Piglet!!!! :lol: :lol: :wink:

Grock - soon it will be Friday night and you can spend all evening breathing in that second hand smoke! :wink:

Love to you all,

Miss Porcas
Kindest regards Piglet

The Grock in the Frock
KG Regular

went back to bed at 5AM and then ive been o.k the rest of the day ,been to busy sorting out camp this fri to even think of a fag.did you get my P.M chantel told me something about the sent box,but ive lost all me e mails and cant remember what you do :? P.S did you feel the earth quake about 5.20pm today :twisted:
Love you lots like Jelly Tots
lizzie
KG Regular

Hey Grock

I didn't know Joe was home at that time of the morning :twisted:
Lots of love

Lizzie
Chantal
KG Regular

Hi gang, glad to hear that you're all still coping and becoming richer by the day. Keep it up!

Lizzie, how's your cat? She's not that old you know; my Rosie is 17 and she's fine, the avatar photo was only taken a month ago.
Chantal

I know this corner of the earth, it smiles for me...
lizzie
KG Regular

Hi Chantal

Vet phoned and Sweetie has an overactive thyroid together with high blood pressure. She now has to have tablets for both problems. Have to take her back next month for another blood test and pressure check to make sure she's on the right dosage of everything.

Vet thinks prognosis is fairly good for her. Will see how she goes. Sweetie is much brighter today. I really thought we'd lost her. She was happily mugging the dog this morning so she's feeling better!!!!!
Lots of love

Lizzie
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic