WE NEED LOTS OF SUPPORT

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

john english
KG Regular

Hi Folk,
Best of luck with your new healthy life (and ashtray odour free). I gave up 40+years ago, the saved money became the repayment on my first decent car.
I was in the RAF at the time where every body smoked, this made it even harder to quit. I used a dummy cigarrete it was menthal I think. Once again good luck
John
richard p
KG Regular

stick the money u would have spent on fags in a jar on the kitchen window sil lable it the new green house fund top it up daily, just think would u really want to set light to it and watch it go up in smoke, or u could send it direct to 11 downing street so they can put it in the middle east expedition fund
Tigger
KG Regular

The consequences stuff is based on motivational change, used in managing addictions. It's very practical (which is why I like it). The initial authors were Prochaska and DiClemente. Miller wrote about it too.

If my memory serves me correctly, although much of their work was in relation to alcohol (which is transferrable to smoking, of course), they did some specific articles about smoking.

If you can't find anything, let me know and I'll dig around in my books when I go back to work next week.
The Grock in the Frock
KG Regular

hi guys!well its been 13hrs and 25 mins since i last had a fag :D :D puffed quite a lot on me nicoret pen.....god it tastes like a bloody ash tray...me thinks the taste of it will make me give up quicker as its just orrible,think i will just go cold turkey.how you doin mrs piglet(said in a joey accent)are you smoking a carrot yet.well every one thanks for the support,its great.i guess this thred will end up like a diary of the non smokers,or mayby Bridget jones....i'll ether become an alchoholic or a big fat cow....ooops i forgot ,im already one of those......looks like it will have to be alchohol then :shock:4.09 saved in the pot
Last edited by The Grock in the Frock on Mon Apr 03, 2006 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Love you lots like Jelly Tots
lizzie
KG Regular

Ok girlies, here we go.

We can all do this if we put our minds to it. I haven't had one now since Saturday night as poorly in bed yesterday and couldn't have stomached a fag anyway.

What about a goal for the end of the week with the money saved? I'm thinking a new pair of trainers or chocolate (preferably several large bars of Lindt or Green and Blacks 80%) or we could leave the cash to one side to mount up for a serious spending spree at Malvern in the autumn.

I'm going to need a hug later on.
Lots of love

Lizzie
Johnboy
KG Regular

Bon chance m'selle Piglette a L'grock!!
JB.
pigletwillie
KG Regular

Help,

I am living with a post menopausal, nicotine deprived mad woman. AND ITS ONLY DAY ONE!
Kindest regards Piglet

"You cannot plough a field by turning it over in your mind".
lizzie
KG Regular

Dear Piglet

You are not the only male suffering and if you wish you can start your own support group for the emanciaption of the male whose partners are packing in the fags.

How's that my favourite little pork chop?
Lots of love

Lizzie
Chantal
KG Regular

Tough shit Piglet, she's suffering far more than you are... :lol:

Yeah seriously, it's tough for partners, so good luck to all of you, as well as the girls of course.

Keep it up team :D
Chantal

I know this corner of the earth, it smiles for me...
vivie veg
KG Regular

Good luck girls :D

If you get a craving get yourself a glass of water, take a sip then count backwards from 20 to zero then take another sip, etc. They say that the craving only last about 3 minutes, so by the time you've finished the glass you should have got over the craving....counting backwards also gives your brain something else to concentrate on. Once counting backwards gets boring do the alpabet backward, or learnt the Greek alphabet, phonetic alphabet etc...

Hopefully with this method you should not put on any weight...although you may endup going to the loo more often :shock:

Keep up the good work.
I don't suffer from insanity .... I enjoy it!

Vivianne
Chantal
KG Regular

Good idea that, and with going to the loo more often you can save it for your allotment. I knew there'd be a link between giving up the fags and allotments somewhere. No fags and HUGE crops! :lol:
Chantal

I know this corner of the earth, it smiles for me...
peter
KG Regular

Chantal, you are taking the pee again.
Do not put off thanking people when they have helped you, as they may not be there to thank later.

I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/
lizzie
KG Regular

Bless you Chantal, you do make me laugh so much.

Well, so far got £4.20 in the pot and i'm not too bad. When I spoke to Grock she was keeping herself busy tidying up. I worked out that £2.10 (I only smoke 10 a day) over the month is near enough £60 saved. £60 bloody quid been going up in smoke with the chancellor laughing all the way to number 11. That would pay for nearly a months stabling and feeding of a pony. I'd only have to put another £15 to it.

Think i'll save up for some really good cooking equipment, pans and baking stuff. Not Le Cruset cos i can't lift them when they're empty let alone full of spuds. Anyone got any ideas. Must be able to go from hob to oven to table.
Lots of love

Lizzie
pigletwillie
KG Regular

Run pans are the business but again are not light. They will last forever though.

Keep it up Girls.
Kindest regards Piglet

"You cannot plough a field by turning it over in your mind".
lizzie
KG Regular

What are those Piglet? Never heard of them or are you teasing me, you devil you.
Lots of love

Lizzie
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic