WE NEED LOTS OF SUPPORT

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

The Grock in the Frock
KG Regular

the tart,mrs piglet and i are giving up the fags tomorrow.lots of support and laughs needed all around.
Love you lots like Jelly Tots
Chantal
KG Regular

Flippin' 'eck girls, good on you both, you can do it. :D

Anyone who's interested in tin hats and flak jackets at wholesale prices, please let me know and I'll try and negotiate a bulk discount :lol:
Chantal

I know this corner of the earth, it smiles for me...
Tigger
KG Regular

Count me in. What would you like then.... dancing, jokes, cash.........all of this and more?
Chantal
KG Regular

Whilst I think about it, a couple of words of advice as given to my OH by his doctor, and he would have given in if he'd not done so:

Last thing tonight chuck every cigarette in the sink and turn the tap on them.

Take every item of clothing that's been worn and bung it in the washing machine.

Have a bath or shower before you go to bed and get rid of the smell of smoke.

Makes like a lot easier for you although it sounds harsh now.

Good luck. :D
Chantal

The Grock in the Frock
KG Regular

last 9 fags just been swilled down sink! :?already had bath and clothes already in wash,feeling o.k,tomorrow morning will be hell,cup of tea and a puff on me nicoret pen :(
Love you lots like Jelly Tots
Tigger
KG Regular

Chocolate then........
Tigger
KG Regular

Forgot to say - you've got our support peeps.

We'll do something special in recognition. What's in demand then?
pigletwillie
KG Regular

Thanks Chantal and Tigger for your support, and for your sound advice Chantal. I have really been psyching myself up for it. Smoked more than usual this weekend, a) to get rid of them and b) to make myself sick of smoking. I have bought some carrots, celery and peppers to slice up into sticks and I shall eat one (or 10) every time I get a craving. I can't afford to substitute the evil week with junk food or yum yum, chocolate! I have gained over a stone since I last went to Weight Watchers last September and have been really trying hard this last week (lost 5lbs already). I will also take deep breaths (my Yoga teacher says "breathe in energy, breathe out rubbish") and I will also pray to help me over the cravings.

Thanks again both. Grock and I will let you know how we are getting on. :o

Love, Mrs Piglet
Kindest regards Piglet

"You cannot plough a field by turning it over in your mind".
Jude
KG Regular

Major respect to all three of you for giving it a go.
Lost count of how many times I've tried and failed, best ever success was with the patches - 5 months.
Gum has never worked for me 'cos I just can't give that up either. Think I may just have an addictive personality.
Anyway, all the very best to you all, and when you've finally kicked the vile habit pleeeese let me know how you did it!
Jude

There are more questions than answers.
pigletwillie
KG Regular

Jude - you little monkey. So, you're a smoker too eh? If we'd known we could have had you join in too! I originally thought Lizzie was giving up too, but I am not sure now. Grock and I definitely are. (AREN'T WE GROCK?). I too have "done it" several times. It makes me wonder why on earth we ever have that "one" that makes us start all over again. I am just going cold turkey. If I tried the patches I would end up covered in the darn things!! :lol: Ha, I can just imagine me covered in patches, chewing 10 Nicorettes at a time and holding five fake cigarettes! Anyway Jude, it's still not too late to join in. If you're like me though, I did have to have encouragement, someone to "suffer" along with me, and I had to pick a date, not to far away but not too near either. There is a very good book I can recommend. I will let you know exactly what it's called and the author tomorrow. It's in the bedroom and Piglet's in there fast asleep snoring like a good 'un no doubt.

Thanks for you support Jude. I'll let you know tomorrow how it went :P

Mrs Piglet
Kindest regards Piglet

Tigger
KG Regular

I know you don't want to hear this, but it's scientifically proven that it is better to be overweight than to be a regular smoker.

Have you thought about the consequences approach? What if? What can I do? So what?
pigletwillie
KG Regular

Yes, I do know that Tigger. Piglet is always pointing it out to me! :wink: We often have debates about who is the healthier. Of course, Piglet always wins the argument. (I have to let him win because he's bigger than me!! :lol: )

I don't know about the consequences approach. Is this just commonsense thinking or is it a book I can read?

Mrs Piglet
Kindest regards Piglet

Chantal
KG Regular

One of my work colleagues smoked all of her life (now 62) and when we tried to persuade her to give up always said "it's never done me any harm dear". I don't know who she was trying to convince as her lips would turn blue with the effort of coming up a flight of stairs. Anyway, over Christmas she keeled over with respiratory problems and spent a month in hospital, three solid weeks of it with an oxygen mask on as her oxygen/blood saturation level was dangerously low. She's now back at work, on Nicorette fake cigarette things, and a non smoker for 3 months. She says she's not felt better in the last 20 years, can taste and smell like never before and looks so much better (she smells so much better too, no nasty ashtray smell). She's left it very very late to quit, but she's done it and we're proud of her. :D

So, don't give in guys, stick with it and if you gain a pound or two, so what. Would you rather be a bit overweight and on your lottie, or skinny and dead? Bit of a no brainer really...
Chantal

Allan
KG Regular

Quote "Giving up is easy, I've done it lots of hundreds of times"
More helpful, look at it in a more positive way, take up Nonsmoking, once you make progress go round being ever-so-helpful to people who are worse hooked on how to do it.
Again, find yourself something to do that absorbs all yout attention and you won't be able to think about that next fag.
Put aside each day what money you would have spent on the weed and think what you could do with it.
Grow tomatoes, you mustn't give them TMV
Allan
Malk
KG Regular

All our support and fingers crossed to you both, Mrs Piglet and Grock. Be strong.
Welcome to Finland!!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic