WE NEED LOTS OF SUPPORT

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

pigletwillie
KG Regular

Thanks Chantal. Actually I did have an Easter Egg last night. I gave Piglet an Egg, a tray for the lottie and The River Cottage Year book by Hugh Fearley-Whittingstall so he was a happy bunny - (I mean Piglet). I think I have had chocolate every night for the past 2 weeks, and yesterday when out with my daughter, we both had an enormous hunk of Passion Cake with loads of icing :shock: Cooyer - it wah gorgeous!

Poor Piglet is having to work. We worked so hard on Friday putting on the cover of the polytunnel, and then planting about 7 rows of spuds - talk about ache! And then since Saturday poor Piglet will have to do his four days at work. It is so frustrating for him as he just wants to be down the lottie planting all his tommies. I did offer to do them for him but he wants to do them himself (so he can get all the glory - bless him) :wink:

Mrs P
Kindest regards Piglet

"You cannot plough a field by turning it over in your mind".
Tigger
KG Regular

Happy Easter smoke free peeps.
lizzie
KG Regular

Good morning and Happy Easter peeps.

Glad you're doing so well Mrs P. You should feel very proud of yourself. It really is an achievement.

I'm not doing too badly at the mo. The cravings are still quite strong but am managing to hold out (just)My hardest times are when i'm up in the middle of the night, in pain. That is the hardest bit cos there's very little to do at 3am!!! Found myself the other night watching QVC!!! :shock: Maybe now's the time to seek some serious medical advice if i'm watching that crap!!

As for the cake, yes please and a large portion with plenty of cream over the top!!!

Just think of all that cash in your tub Mrs P. You'll have a fab time spending it and it will be all the sweeter because of how you've saved the cash!!!

Big hugs
Lots of love

Lizzie
The Grock in the Frock
KG Regular

hi all,im sittin here eating ice creem at 12.10 am ,sad or wot.mrs p and the tart,looks like your doing really well at the moment,keep up the good work.things havnt been so great since i came back from camp,had 139 missed calls on me phone,the family were tryin to get in touch as my uncle had decided he had,had enough and refused his dialisis(SP)he died while i was at camp having a laugh,feel pretty crap about this,but i guess its one of those things.we buried him the day befor easter friday,it was very very sad.joes mums gone back into hospital today,so all in all,things arnt too hunkie dorie at the mo.anyway whats every one been up to while ive been doin me stuff? p.s why does the clock on the forum say 11 ish and mine now says 12.25 spookie
Love you lots like Jelly Tots
pigletwillie
KG Regular

Hi Grock

Mrs P here. I wondered where you had got to lately. So sorry to hear about your uncle, but you must not feel guilty for enjoying yourself. In this life you have to grab and make the most of any niceties that come your way, and isn't it just sod's law that you're needed more than ever only when you go away?

It looks like you're in for a bit of a rough time what with your Mum-in-law being ill too, but don't forget we are here Grock if you need to sound off at any time. Not really a good time to give up the fags is it? How are you doing on that score? Let me know.....

I've got £55 in the pot and gained half a stone!!! :shock:

Take care Grock - I'll keep you in my prayers.

Love, Mrs P xx
Kindest regards Piglet

"You cannot plough a field by turning it over in your mind".
Chantal
KG Regular

Well done Mrs P! :D Bad luck Grock, I'm sorry for your loss. :(

One thing I can help you with is the clock. Go into your profile and where it says time zone, change this to GMT +1. It doesn't change the forum, but it changes what you see, so anyone who changes their profile will see the right time, anyone else won't. You'll have to change back to GMT in the Autumn or you'll be an hour ahead.
Chantal

I know this corner of the earth, it smiles for me...

hi mrs p,hi chantal,glad to see mrs p that your still off the fags and gaining weight,its all the money in ye pocket that you;ve saved :D NOT fat.Chantal,you are such a life saver,about the time thing........i thought i was in the twilight zone :?
Tigger
KG Regular

Well done non-smokers. Mr Brown must have noticed the loss in taxation income by now! Grock - big hug for you on hearing your news. Keep eating the ice cream.
fuchsia
KG Regular

well done and keep it up :D
lizzie
KG Regular

Like the thingy Fuschia. I'm going to go and try that myself.

I'm still off the fags to Mrs P. Have made another conserted effort to do it. I seem to fall down when I go to the lottie. It doesn't bother me when i'm in the house cos I don't smoke here. I need to stop it up at the lottie!!!! I'm determined now to keep away from Big Steve's plot so I can't pinch his fags.!!!I'm still saving money and the pot is starting to swell now.
Lots of love

Lizzie
Franksmum
KG Regular

Grock I'm sorry to hear your news, I lost my Grandad a couple of weeks ago v suddenly. Be positive and keep the happy memories :)

I'm very proud of all of you for giving up! I've been a non smoker now for 5 years - I went through a lot of chewing gum and pencils, my friends would laugh at me for my pencil chewing whilst they were busy lighting up.... It gets harder before it gets easier but you will get there.
My Nan gave up at the age of 75 - an inspirational lady so anyone that says they're too old or it's never done them any harm, it's just an excuse!

Good luck everyone, be strong and keep at it!!!!
fuchsia
KG Regular

Oh well me signature has come off the glitter site must be down ,we need to save it in photo bucket I think will look into that ,
we have a gent on our lotty that smokes down there bless him he has had to give up now has to have a bypass so hope all goes well for him
Fuchsia :D
lizzie
KG Regular

Fuschia

Do the siggy thingys need saving in photobucket? I've got an account there but haven't got a clue how to do it. Only got it so I could get my daughter to download pictures of Bono and the boys for me!!! 8)
Lots of love

Lizzie
fuchsia
KG Regular

I think so, I have an account too but dont know how to use it either lol
will try and read the tutorial again when I am less buisy .
Hows the no smoking comming ,my Hubby is now going to try hope he does as its not good for him :D Fuchsia x
lizzie
KG Regular

Fell off wagon but have climbed back on again. It's when i'm on the plot that does for me. I do a job, then sit down for a cuppa and a fag. At home, it doesn't bother me if I don't have one for days on end. Just up there. I'd keep away but my stuff needs watering.

Maybe i'll just do the job then come home until i'm stronger.

Advise your hubby to start putting the money in a jar where he can see it. If he needs to draw the money from the bank to put in the jar then he should. He would if he was smoking!! The trick is to see the money grow. It can always be banked again.

I really need to stop to save the money to buy my son his pony. I really need to do this for him. I need about £2000 all together for the pony and tack and it is really achievable if I stick at it and stop being a prat :shock:
Lots of love

Lizzie
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic