Company van.

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

snooky
KG Regular

I have been issued with a new van,Transit Connect,bog-standard the only refinement being electrically operated windows,comfortable and does the job but,it is restricted to 70mph which in reality is no more than 65mph.
This calls for a different style of driving.I have to think twice whether or not I can overtake another vehicle.You think you can but at times I have had pull out only to find another vehicle has taken the space I have just vacated.Not known for my patience I'll have to find bucket loads driving this van and curb my "road rage"when overtaken by a Smart car knowing that I can't get back at it :!: :!: :!:
Regards snooky

---------------------------------
A balanced diet is a beer in both hands!
WARNING.!!... The above post may contain an opinion
pongeroon
KG Regular

I know what you mean Snooks.

We have recently acquired a camper van which is great for trundling about in, but handles appallingly at speeds over 65 mph. And in slow traffic I have to remember I am Not On The Motorbike, so Do Not Pull Out to overtake :shock:

I now adjust my mind when starting it up, and go into Chill Mode. :D
Chantal
KG Regular

Why would anyone want to go over 65mph?

Life in the slow lane is SO much better for your health and not just on the road :D
Chantal

I know this corner of the earth, it smiles for me...
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Luckily i don't have such worries with my wheelbarrow. :)

Although i did reach nearly six miles an hour, whilst trying to keep up with a rather attractive jogger. :shock: :)
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Shallot Man
KG Regular

OH. reminds me of a story told to me by one of my brothers. It was during the era of the mini skirt. He was driving through the village high street doing 25mph, followed closely by a police car, noticed a very attractive young lady who had taken her mini skirt to the extreme, slowed down to enjoy the view, police car behind him run into the back of his car, they must have been admiring the same view, hardly any damage so they both went their separate ways.
pongeroon
KG Regular

"the era of the mini skirt."

I can't remember a time when this hasn't been the case. But I'm very young, ahem.... :oops:
Johnboy
KG Regular

In the Era of the mini skirt a young mother on the pavement the other side of the road travelling the same direction decided to bend down and tuck the baby in! With my attention, decidedly diverted, a parked car I was overtaking opened it's door which sadly ended 10 yards up the road!
I told the police that I simply had no way out and it was case of either hitting the car door or an oncoming car!
JB.
In addition;
The real truth was I never saw the car door until it was 10 yards up the road!
Last edited by Johnboy on Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
madasafish
KG Regular

I remember a girl I knew who wore miniskirts and was the passenger in an open top MG Midget. SHe kept her feet on the windscreen to cool them down... ..
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic