Bits and bobs No16 Spring.

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Dear Elle, the garden is absolutely covered in ground elder and ivy.
Going to have to get my thinking cap on for this one.

But i do love a challenge. :)
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Elle's Garden
KG Regular

Just like mine OH - well the ground elder anyway! I hope you share your ideas when they come to you :wink:
Kind regards,

Elle
alan refail
KG Regular

Malk
KG Regular

Just wanted to pop on and say hello and probably goodbye for a while to all those who remember me.

I feel quite jealous wandering over these threads and seeing all your lovely plots as I have had to give mine up this summer. After a stressful year or two of very little work, my partner has finally found a great job - in FINLAND! So we upped sticks and moved last week. It's only a year contract but could become more. My friend is looking after my plot, but who knows what the future holds.

My little boys are growing like weeds and baby number 3 is due in 5 weeks so I will have my hands full(er) soon.

I brought some watermelon seeds for my oldest with me in the hopes that we can maybe do something with our little square of garden in the short but supposedly hot Finnish summer.

I wish you all a lovely summer and growing season.
Welcome to Finland!!
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Dear Malk, how lovely to hear from you, you really have been missed from the forum, especially when you would burst into poetry. :)

But i would just like to wish you and your family all the best for the future, and hope all goes well, for how ever long you are away.

It would be nice if you could just pop on once in a while to let us all know how things are going.

Take care. :wink: :)

pongeroon
KG Regular

Gosh Malk, Finland! How lovely. The land of the Moomins and some rather excellent folk metal bands :D

I hope it all goes well for you all. Good luck with the new little one when he or she arrives. It would be lovely if you could post some photos some time.
alan refail
KG Regular

Dear Malk

Best wishes to you and family in Finland. Hope you have fun on the Finnish forum :wink:

http://puutarha.net/index.asp?s=/keskus ... 72&index=3

And come back here and let us know the news.
Monika
KG Regular

All the best in Finland, Malk, to you and your growing family, and do keep in touch occasionally to tell us about gardening there!
Smallweed
KG Regular

All the best to you as well and hope you enjoy your year in Finland :) I seem to be having a few problems every time I try to log on,it won't accept my details so can only seem to get on here every now and then {when I request a password reminder etc } :cry:
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Dear Clive, any idea what the two red bi-planes above Milton Bryan would have been, that gave a wonderful display of loop the loops and more, this morning about half past ten time, for a good ten minutes?

Clive.
KG Regular

Hello Old H'
Not sure.??.....will have to investigate further.....perhaps you were expected to have reached the 7000 posts by today.??!!

We had a RAF helicopter "display" at lunchtime.....across the garden...and then a couple of orbits as they perhaps looked at the road map to decide which road to take out of the roundabout at the bottom of our drive....

Clive :wink:
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Evening Clive, they have just headed from East to West doing all sorts of manouvers.

I hope i haven't got them in trouble posting that on here. :)

Clive.
KG Regular

I have posted an enquiry elsewhere to hopefully find out for you.....I do like to know who, why, what etc.....will have to add the updated info and see what replies I get.....

Clive.
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Cheers Clive, sorry to be a nuisance, but where i was working today, the lady was very interested to find out more about them.

Clive.
KG Regular

oldherbaceous wrote:Cheers Clive, sorry to be a nuisance, but where i was working today, the lady was very interested to find out more about them.

I hope in a positive to aeroplanes way.??.....if not I will keep quiet.. :wink:

Did I mention that "Ernie" sent me a cheque today. :) ...can't quite run to an aerobatic display though...it was only a little cheque. :( :wink:

Clive.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic