Torquay torture

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Elaine
KG Regular

Morning Everyone. We have just arrived home from a holiday in wet and windy Torquay! Ye gods, it was cold....so much so, I actually considered buying a hat, :shock: even though I hate them.(I have yet to find a hat which doesn't make me look silly....) The problem with that was, all the shops are now full of summer stock...and my friend dragged me through most of them. :shock: :shock: It rained heavily for most of the time, accompanied by a strong biting cold wind, so most of the time spent in other towns on the tour, forced us into the shopping centres to keep warm!!! :( This delighted my friend but not myself or our OH's.

Despite the weather, we had a great time! Most of the others on the coach were a good bunch and we had such a good laugh my sides are still aching! :lol:
Cheers.
Happy with my lot
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Dear Elaine, sorry to hear the weather was so bad for you all,
But so glad you had a good laugh, that really can make up for the worst of situations. :)
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
glallotments
KG Regular

We just got back from a week near the New Forest. We visited Hurst Spit that overlooks the Isle of Wight, the sea was very 'choppy' and the wind was blowing a gale and our ears were falling of with the biting cold. I managed to somehow get photos in spite of my camera blowing and my freezing hands going numb and shaking!
Westi
KG Regular

Hi Glallotments

You must come back in the summer on a fine day and
go back along Hurst Spit - really fab, always boats out
and about and the IOW looks close enough to swim to.
Then come back toward Bournemouth stop at Mudeford
and go over to Hengistbury Head on the little ferry for more
great sights and views. (Don't get too engrossed in the
nice beach huts at Hengistbury though - they probably
cost more than your house - certainly half the cost of
mine and mines overpriced as is considered on the coast!)

Westi
Westi
Kev
KG Regular

Well excuse me if I am not very sympathetic, cold in Torquay!
We have been snowed in most of this week.
Spring! we are still in the middle of winter in Aberdeenshire.
Kev
Shallot Man
KG Regular

Kev. You boasting or complaining.
Suzie
KG Regular

To be fair Kev, one expects Torquay to be warmer than Aberdeenshire at this time of year :wink: I lived in Boddam, just outside Peterhead - it was very bracing!
Elaine
KG Regular

Hi Kev. Yes, we were very much aware of how bad the weather was in your part of the country, while we were in Torquay. It became a standard reply when someone moaned about the weather; "Well, it could be worse..it's snowing in Scotland". (and elsewhere for that matter)

We didn't expect brilliant weather anyway, being the end of March when we went away.... but I really didn't expect to be so nithered either!

And I wasn't looking for sympathy...it was an attempt at telling a funny story. ie., me, who hates shopping, ending up visiting more shops in four days, than I have in the last ten years. :shock: :shock: :roll:
Cheers!
Happy with my lot
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

And very funny it was indeed Elaine. :twisted: :)

Suzie
KG Regular

Elaine wrote:..me, who hates shopping

We have much in common Elaine, I hate shopping with a passion, I love motorbikes and gardening with a passion
glallotments
KG Regular

I don't like shopping either. I like to know what I want and just go and get it and come home! I didn't think you were moaning Elaine but it's worse having bad weather on holiday than at home. At home you can just chalk it off and wait for the next week and also there is plenty of other things to do to keep you occupied whereas on holiday it's a very different matter isn't it?
Elaine
KG Regular

Hi Suzie and Glallotments. I'm so pleased to know I'm not the only woman who hates shopping! I get looks of astonishment and pity from most women when I say it. When you have seen one town centre, you've seen 'em all in my opinion. >yawn<

I'm with you Suzie, regarding the motor bikes. My husband has two, a custom chopper and a 1959 Panther, the latter being a heap of old tat (to me!)when he bought it. He re-built it and restored it to it's original state...brilliant.

I agree Glallotments, holidays can be a bit of a drag if the weather is poor but we half expected it anyway and we went with very good friends, so we still had a good time.( we won't mention the shops.... :shock: ) I would imagine it's awful if you go away in the summer and you have lousy weather! I might have been sympathy seeking then! :wink:

Dear OH...my champion! :)

Cheers!
Happy with my lot
Suzie
KG Regular

Our current machine is this one - love it to bits :D

oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Dear Susie, all i can say about your and Snowdrops bike is, WOWWW. :)

I've just remembered, Henlow is a non motobike village, any one owning one has to leave it with me to look after. :twisted: :) :wink:

freddy
KG Regular

"I have yet to find a hat which doesn't make me look silly...."

Wassup with looking silly ? :mrgreen:
The future aint all it used to be
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic