Where can I buy Sarpo potato's other than Thompson & Morgan

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

chestnutse
KG Regular

I know Sarpo potatoes are meant to be the best thing since sliced bread in terms of their blight resistance but I wondered if they can be bought at garden centres. Has anybody seen them for sale in a garden centre please?
Shallot Man
KG Regular

chestnutse. Try Organic Gardening.
Clive.
KG Regular

I saw two of the Sarpo varieties at Johnsons Garden Centre, Boston, Lincs a couple of weekends back.
I'm afraid I can't remember which varieties they were though.. :oops: ..but I have a feeling that they could have been Axona and Mira.??

Clive.
glallotments
KG Regular

At the risk of repeating myself from an earler thread Alan Romans - honestly I'm not on commission,
alan refail
KG Regular

In reply to the second question: I wondered if they can be bought at garden centres. Has anybody seen them for sale in a garden centre please?, I noticed that Axona were available at Canolfan Garddio Frongoch at Llanfaglan near Caernarfon. That probably isn't very convenient for you :(
pongeroon
KG Regular

I get mine from the Organic Gardening Catalogue. Very prompt delivery this year. :D
alan refail
KG Regular

chestnutse wrote:I know Sarpo potatoes are meant to be the best thing since sliced bread in terms of their blight resistance but I wondered if they can be bought at garden centres. Has anybody seen them for sale in a garden centre please?

I notice you haven't been back to look at the replies. Did you find the potatoes, then?
Franksmum
KG Regular

I got Sarpo's from Klondike garden centre in Livingstone whilst on a business trip, I'm guessing that's not exactly round the corner from you either :lol:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic