Mushrooms

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

nog
KG Regular

Anyone have any luck with those Mushroom boxes tat you buy at garden centres. I did one as a kid and had loads out of it. But did one a few years ago and nothing. Saw them in the garden centre again today @ £5 wornder is it bettter just to go to sainsburys.
fen not fen

many years ago i lived in an anarchist house share and we had one in the living room. the mushies didn't grow as the house was too cold but we did get a fine crop of magic mushrooms a few weeks after one of the residents(inmates?) came back from picking the magic ones in the Dales and divvied his harvest up near the box!
Diane
KG Regular

We once had a mushroom box and put it in the cupboard under the stairs. All that happened was that one day a huge cloud of tiny flies flew out when I opened the door. Not a mushroom in site though. Had better luck with a mushroom log a couple of years back. Planted it in the garden, following instructions, and had a good crop of mushrooms - but only for one season.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic