Kitchen Garden Forum 2009 Oscar nominations

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

alan refail
KG Regular

Most regular poster and comedian - OLD HERBACEOUS

Star campaigner - GLALLOTMENTS

Most consistent growing advice - JOHNBOY

Most enthusiastic newcomer - CJS

Who are your nominees?
Westi
KG Regular

They're al got my vote Alan - and one for you for
always responding!

Westi
Westi
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

I would just like to nominate the forum, job lot. I really think we have some very special members that just compliment each other very well and are there for all sorts of needs.

But i do agree with Alans nomination for me, well the most regular poster statement anyway. :wink: :)

I really do feel quite privileged to be a member of this wonderful forum, and long may it continue.
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
John
KG Regular

Clive must surely have an award too.
His knowledge of all things powered by a small engines - mowers, scythes, rotovators - is truly amazing. His posts are full of practical hints gathered from years of experience and a pleasure to read.
You've got my vote Clive.

John
The Gods do not subtract from the allotted span of men’s lives, the hours spent fishing Assyrian tablet
What we observe is not nature itself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning Werner Heisenberg
I am a man and the world is my urinal
Clive.
KG Regular

Thank you John....
But actually I only talk about it. :? ...there are others that actually do it...like RichardT and his practical support for things Merry Tiller...

Anyway, I'm always happy to come in lower down any ranking...it saves going to the award do...getting up from the table..walking down to the stage...avoids falling up the steps to the stage...etc, etc.... I am very shy and retiring. :oops: and bottle out and run away very quickly. :oops: ..

But..wait a minute. :idea: :? ..has anyone been booked to host the event and do the presentations. :?:.....

Clive. :wink:
Colin_M
KG Regular

alan refail wrote:Who are your nominees?

How about Alan R for

"Person most likely to have the answer at his fingertips (or the results of a search on Google) if someone has a question they need an answer to"? :)
peter
KG Regular

GL definitely deserves recognition, personally I'd put her up for an MBE for Selfless Services to the Gardening Community. :D

Perhaps the magazine might do a little bit about how one person can make a difference. :shock:
Do not put off thanking people when they have helped you, as they may not be there to thank later.

I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/
Cider Boys
KG Regular

Yes Peter, I certainly second your nomination and also agree with the all the previous posts.

Barney
glallotments
KG Regular

Hi all,
I think all the people who contribute to this forum should be nominated as it is the most friendly, comfortable forum I have visited and I have popped in to lots.

Thanks for the comments but I haven't really achieved the real aim - as it's back - and lots of others have been equally active!
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Dear glallotments, but what you have certainly achieved is to make so many people aware of a problem that would have turned out a lot more serious than it did.

And although the product has not been banned, i'm sure the product will be monitored a lot closer. And for this alone we all thank-you.

glallotments
KG Regular

Just thought - another nomination for Alan - this time for most fitting photos! Maybe champion illustrator!

For John Boy - the Chris Patten award for bird identification
donedigging
KG Regular

I'd like to second your nominations, glallotments :)
donedigging
pongeroon
KG Regular

I agree with GL that this is a friendly and comfortable forum. I visit a few others, but rarely post. Some people can be so vitriolic (not usually to me!)' its quite scary.

I like the 'tone' of this forum. Good fun, informative when required; the odd spat, but nothing nasty; and little but of rudery now and then to make things jolly. :lol:
glallotments
KG Regular

[quote="pongeroon"] Some people can be so vitriolic (not usually to me!)' its quite scary.quote]

I have!- I mistakenly included my email address when creating a login for one forum and got a really abusive email from one person who I later understand became a moderator. I just lurk around there from time to time but don't respond. If I want to post something, someone else does it for me. Someone else I know says every time he posts on it he gets his hands slapped as well by the same person. It's a forum that is very often quoted as one of the best too.
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

I coud always join that forum, and annoy them into submission. :)

And i think Catherine should get an oscar for the Queen of recipes.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic