Radio 2 Allotment Back On The Tele!

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Anthony Walton
KG Regular

Just found out from my dad that Going To Seed, the HTV Wales fly on the wall documentary on the allotment, is back on our screens this Monday night, at 11pm.

So whilst we all wait for BBC to sort out when The Big Dig is going to be re-shown, you can catch up with the Welsh allotment.

If you don't live in the HTV Wales region, but have Sky or Sky+, you can simply add HTV Wales to your channels. I found this link to help you. http://www.wildsat.com/astra.htm

It sounds complicated but it really is a doddle if you follow the instruction carefully, and put the correct details in.

Ant
Anthony Walton
KG Regular

Going To Seed

Monday 5 December 2005 11.00 pm to 11.30 pm ITV1 Wales

The four allotmenteers of the Rondda are back spades and forks at the ready for another series of GOING TO SEED.

Their main focus in life is a plot of land on a mountain side near Treorchy where they spend their time working the soil and sitting in shanty-style sheds sipping coffee.

There’s Terry Walton, who has eight million fans all over the UK listening to his advice regularly on Jeremy Vine’s Radio 2 programme. There’s allotment chairman, Roger Eggett and making up the foursome, Alby ‘Horse’ Davies and Russell ‘Nuts’ Vaughan.

“The programmes are about life as they see it from their adjoining allotments”, says producer, Hywel James, himself an allotment-holder. “What they don’t know about growing your own veg and living off the land as cheaply as possible isn’t worth knowing.

“The four have been busy all summer both on and off their plots. Terry has met a group of fans who travelled from all over the country to visit the allotments; Roger has taken over a derelict site and transformed it and Russell and Alby have been vying to see who can buy the most useless gadget.”

Terry Walton, who’s been contributing to the Jeremy Vine programme for over two years, has seen a big increase in interest in allotments in recent years. “Ten years ago, there were plenty of spare plots and no waiting list”, says Terry, “but now we’re full. It may have been something the man in the family did years ago but now it’s become a hobby for the whole family.

“People value the exercise and the fresh air and they also like to know what they’re eating.”

GOING TO SEED is filmed and produced by Hywel James.
Wellie
KG Regular

Hey Ant !

Well you've just taught me and Trousers something new ! I didn't know you could DO that !! I shall now be watching ITV Wales 11pm tomorrow night.
Huge fan of BBCRadio 2 and love Terry's allotment slot, so a big thank you to you for that.
:D
Love Wellie

Going to Seed is on TWICE this week!

It is on at it's usual time at 11pm on Monday, and then again on Thursday at 7:30pm.

Ant
Anthony Walton
KG Regular

That was me by the way the last post ... didn't auto log me in for some reason!

Heigh-ho!

Ant
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic