Freeview Retune

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Geoff
KG Regular

Anybody like me on a Freeview relay transmitter where yesterday's retune was a downgrade?
We already received less channels than people on a main transmitter did and after yesterday's downgrade we receive less. I do not understand why "relay transmitter" doesn't mean just that - it relays what the main transmitter carries. I can't find out if it caused by lack of investment / poor planning by Freeview so the transmitters do not have the required capacity or because of the commercial structure of the operation. If it is a commercial issue I feel the contracts should be restructured so if a channel wants to come under the Freeview umbrella it must be prepared to give a complete service.
It seems to be another example like broadband where the rural population doesn't matter and the digital revolution is allowed to pass us by. I feel a campaign coming on.
PS
And tonight my Freesat from Sky connection is asking me for another £20, when I thought I had subscribed for ever, or I lose channels off that.
Johnboy
KG Regular

Hi Geoff,
I have a Skydigbox and dish and everything seems to be running OK.
I only invested in this equipment because living, like you, very rurally the signals to my property are in a band not as wide as the aerial and reception very poor and at times not possible. Now I have superb clarity and can get certainly more choice of channel than I need or want.
So far Sky have not stuck their dirty mitt out for a sub and if they do they would be breaking their word because it is supposed to be one charge for ever. (till they make the equipment obsolete!)
JB.
Geoff
KG Regular

I think my problem is I jumped before I was pushed. My F-in-L died so I used his digibox and dish, bought a meter so I could set it up myself and then a Freesat card for £20. It seems if I had done this nearer to the analogue switch off time (ours has switched off) I would have got the free for life deal. Strangely having always had poor analogue pictures, partly because I have the aerial in loft as I got fed up with it blowing off the chimney, the Freeview picture is as good as my Freesat - that's why I'm so fed up with the Freeview downgrade.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic