Apple tree in blossom

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Essexboy
KG Regular

Could someone tell me what is going on? I have an apple tree that I am attempting to espalier against the fence at the end of the garden. Have just noticed that there is blossom on it, on the newst growth. I was down there checking to see if the fruit was ready,Have no idea what variety it is, it was a puny specimen in Wilkinsons reduced to clear section, this year it has alot of apples on it, and they are a very late variety. They are something like a Golden delicious with a red blush, I seem to recall from the faded label it was a vaguely scandinavian name. Is the blossom a sign of something to do with the weather, it has been warm and dry here for most of September, or is this something that happens from time to time?
Regards, Essexboy.
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Morning Essexboy, i'm sure it's something that just seems to happen from time to time, especially if the trees in question have been summer pruned.
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Shallot Man
KG Regular

Could also be that as it had been in a warm store for some time, it has upset the tree's time clock.
Johnboy
KG Regular

Hi Essexboy,
Nothing to worry about. It happens quite frequently here and the trees always come into bloom the following spring.
JB.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic