Christmas Wish List

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Carole B.
KG Regular

What do you want Santa to drop down your chimney this year? Last year I asked for electric in the greenhouse and I got it....parcel was an odd shape though!
Jenny Green
KG Regular

Alan Romans' Potato Book.
That and someone else to do the hard landscaping required in the garden this winter.
Angi
KG Regular

A really good garden knife, general purpose.
Diane
KG Regular

I would like a pair of secateurs with a built in homing device - so that whenever I put them down, in the garden and then, of course, forget where I put them, they would automatically beam themselves back into the greenhouse.
'Preserve wildlife - pickle a rat'
richard p
KG Regular

just bought my own on ebay, a used tractor with a hedgecutter with a 3ft circular saw blade on the end, rekon the leylandi will be 10 ft shorter on boxing day :evil:
Still Learning
KG Regular

Diane wrote:I would like a pair of secateurs with a built in homing device - so that whenever I put them down, in the garden and then, of course, forget where I put them, they would automatically beam themselves back into the greenhouse.

I got myself a holster for my secateurs. Now I just have to remember not to put them down but back in the holster. I'm practicing my fast draw too!

Phil
Cut your own wood, then it keeps you warm twice.
jane E
KG Regular

I'd like my eldest son to use his chainsaw and cut down my dead elm saplings; my youngest son to finish off the edges of the pond he has built; my middle son to help dismantle fences and general clearing up;and my daughters to help me finish planting daffodils. I'll probably settle for new slippers and a gardening book!Should I refer them to this forum?!!

By the way, we have a live, full size, smooth elm tree down our lane. It was due to be cut down with the rest of the condemned elms 20 years ago and the local farmer looked at it, thought it looked perfectly healthy and didn't cut it down. It's still there and perfectly healthy. Must have resistance to Dutch elm disease. Apparently, these trees are catalogued somewhere. I wonder if cuttings from it would strike and also have resistance.
Chris
KG Regular

Hi

I've already dropped an irrestable hint for renewing my KG subscriprion - feel a bit uncertain now in case the magazine ends up in the same way as the forum.

My second wish (please Santa!) is for a simplified forum. It's already taken me 15 mins. to check for new messages from the top down and there's still more to do. Used to be a 5 min job.

For Dianne I discovered the answer to lost secateurs last year - get someone to buy you Felco - they are so expensive that you can't afford to lose them - and the red handles help too.

Alan Roman's Potato book would also be good - I've hinted but didn't know where they should look for it.

Chris
Chris
nog
KG Regular

I would like Tony Blaugh to drop down mine but only after I had the oil up to the right temp.
Sugar plum fairy

The old forum back. It was a way of life for several years. Now sadly no more. Gone along with 30,000 of our thoughts and messages. A criminal act.
Angi
KG Regular

I would also like either a copy of the January edition through my letter box or a reply to my query asking why I haven't been sent said mag. Having renewed my subscription at about the same time that the mag changed hands I'm beginning to think both that and my query are in limbo!!
Walt D
KG Regular

What i would really like is a solar powerd storage heater for the green house.
if one exists, then i would need sun.
lizzie
KG Regular

:lol:
Hi there all

I'm getting my new subscription off my mum so brill stuff there. A load of manure would be nice too.

Best of all I want Bono to appear and sing my favourite song for me, together with the rest of the boys. We'd then go to Lily's Bordello in Dublin for a night out followed by breakfast at the Clarence in Dublin.

Some hope, but there's no harm in dreaming is there
Lots of love

Lizzie
Carole B.
KG Regular

Hi Lizzie,
I had manure for Mother's day..My boys certainly know their Mum!
Carole
lizzie
KG Regular

Hi Carole

I had manure for Mothers Day too. I'd still prefer Bono but, never mind. I'll have to settle for a load of s*** instead!!!!
Lots of love

Lizzie
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic