My house is on fire!

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Chantal
KG Regular

Thanks guys, I think I've had one of those comes back and gets you moments. I just got home from work and feel really tearful. Talk about being a pathetic girlie. I'm about to go out for dinner so will feed my chops and come back all happy and cheerful. Honest. Need to get that avatar changed too, can't ruin my reputation over something silly like this!
Chantal

I know this corner of the earth, it smiles for me...
Chantal
KG Regular

Yup, I can feel my sense of humour returning slowly.
Chantal

pigletwillie
KG Regular

Our local BBC news was full of Chantals house fire last night.

The following piccy was taken by the Rugby Echo who also reported that the Sherrifs house was on fire. After seeing this picture me thinks it perhaps was a deliberate act to lure firemen into the vicinity.

Kindest regards Piglet

"You cannot plough a field by turning it over in your mind".
lizzie
KG Regular

For a good laugh you could always watch Neighbours.

Will the scenery last till the end of the programme?

See if you can spot the strings working the "actors"
Lots of love

Lizzie
The Grock In A Frock

why has that fireman not got his hose in his hand? :?
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

What's that picture of me cleaning my friends pond doing in the rugby echo.

What a photogenic Old herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.

Chantal glad you are feeling a bit happier this evening, been thinking about how horrid it must be for you. Just try and think about all those lovely things your going to grow.
Sue
KG Regular

Best bet is if you feel like a cry, go ahead and get it out of your system Chantal. There is nothing wrong with that - it is just your mind's way of processing what happened and dealing with the emotions you were too wound up to deal with at the time. Better out than in with that sort of stuff and if anyone disagrees, tell them you'll get the forum lot round to give them something to cry about :twisted:

Peter - really sorry to hear about your troubles. I flew out of Luton on the Monday night after the fire. I got diverted off the M1 and travelled up under ever darker skies that afternoon. You could see the flames still as we flew over the site.

Hang in there folks. The equinox is this week and the clocks change next weekend. Nothing like lighter evenings and the feeling summer is finally on the way after a long winter.

Sue :D
peter
KG Regular

Bed can be dangerous.

Former colleague, who shall remain nameless, came in late one day, wearing jeans. Went for little chat with the boss, who went hurtling past five minutes later saying "I don't want to hear any more *****."

***** told us later that he had woken up feeling fruity and being a single young man living at parents home had "abused himself".

However, he really did abuse himself and managed to rip his pride and joy sufficiently badly to have to attend A&E and have some stiches put in it.

By the time he got out of A&E he was so wound up by every member of staff finding an excuse to examine his injury that he had become prone to telling everyone exactly what had happened in a very aggressive manner.

The jeans were to hold everything in place.
peat
KG Regular

I hope things are better now Chantal. We had a chimney fire when I was younger, back in the fifties one boxing day. They were showing High Noon on tele and I have still not seen it all.
Diane Statistics show that 95% of people die in bed so never go there and you might survive.
Pete
skype me on pmrout
"To be a successful farmer, one must first know the NATURE of the SOIL" Xenophon , Oeconomicus 400 B.C.
Chantal
KG Regular

Thanks for the kind thought Peat, much better thanks and if you look at the Grock's Party post the idea of never going to bed to sleep again is actually quite appealing.
Chantal

Lyn
KG Regular

I've only just read this thread, but want to send hugs and sympathy to all concerned.
Best, Lyn
peter
KG Regular

Chantal wrote:Thanks for the kind thought Peat, much better thanks and if you look at the Grock's Party post the idea of never going to bed to sleep again is actually quite appealing.

Oh no, you'll set Piglets fevered imagination off with that one. :twisted:
Chantal
KG Regular

Peter, I'm surprised at you!

Perhaps I should say "never sleep again" and leave beds out of the equation?
Chantal

Beccy
KG Regular

Well, funny you should say that! But then I don't think any of you will be as !**@@****! !!@***@***! stupid as my mate J's daughter K.

J got up as normal one Saturday morning and went off to work with out seeing her children, 16 and 19, quite old enough to be left to their own devices and still in bed. Only to get a call half an hour later to say the house is on fire.

K (the 19 year old) had had a mate over the night before, they had gone to bed, but gone on talking, by the light of candles until late. Her friend had woken up, because her face was hot, to see K's mattress on fire. She woke K, they both woke K's brother and all got out ASAP. Brother remembered the hamster was still in his room and tried to return for it, couldn't get into the room it was too hot. The fire had hit the flip over point where it suddenly goes for it. Windows were popped by the heat, plaster burnt off the walls, K lost everything, the brother and J about two thirds of their things.

They were very, very lucky. Apart from the hamster none of the animals were hurt and none of the humans even singed. This was two and a half years ago, and J has got over the worst of it. But she did get hit by waves of emotion, even though none of them were hurt, that it was such close call was in itself really frightening. She might have lost both of them. I know she might have been killed, she's less worried about that, it's that she might have lost both of her children that freaked her out so thoroughly. It was/is very much like grief, hits her at the obvious times and unexpected ones too.

I wouldn't want you to think her life has been ruined because it hasn't at all, it's just that sometimes the horror of what might have been still overwhelms her for a little. So hang in there and come back to us when you need to.

Beccy

ps when I say her life is normal, that includes the strained relationship between K and J, two strong extrovert women in one small house, not a recipe for peace :lol:
Chantal
KG Regular

Compared to that little lot my experience is nothing! Poor girls. I'm OK now so long as I don't go into "what if" zone and I'm keeping the door on that very very shut. Thanks Beccy :)
Chantal

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic