Month By Month Growing Chart

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Arnie
KG Regular

HI everyone :D

Does anybody know were I can get a Month by Month growing Chart that I can use at my Allotment or a Dairy / Calendar :wink: I do not want to take the KG mag with me as they would get ruined :(

I would be grateful for any help on this please :)

Kind Regards & Best Wishes

Kevin :wink:
I've learned.... That the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am.
Parsons Jack
KG Regular

Hi Kevin,

There might something here for you
http://www.allotment.org.uk/garden_month.php
Cheers PJ.

I'm just off down the greenhouse. I won't be long...........
donedigging
KG Regular

Good Evening Kevin,

I have one you can have, it's from the inside of Dobies fruit and veg. catalogue. It is about A4 size. ( I do have a bigger one somewhere but at present I'm afraid I can't put my hands on that one )

If you are interested PM me your address
donedigging
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Dear Donedigging i'm saying nothing. :) :wink:
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
donedigging
KG Regular

Good Evening OH,

Trust you.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:

Sorry Kevin but the offer still stands, ( that sounds really bad :oops: ) but you know what I mean :)
donedigging
Parsons Jack
KG Regular

donedigging wrote:Good Evening OH,

Trust you.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:

Sorry Kevin but the offer still stands, ( that sounds really bad :oops: ) but you know what I mean :)

Shall we form an orderly queue DD :lol: :wink:
Cheers PJ.

I'm just off down the greenhouse. I won't be long...........
donedigging
KG Regular

:oops: :oops: :oops: :lol:
donedigging
Arnie
KG Regular

Hi All,

Thanks for the help :shock: Parsons Jack :) I printed the chart this afternoon thank you :) and a very good web site.

Donedigging thank you for your very kind offer (Both of them :lol: :lol: :shock: :shock: :roll: )

Oldherbaceous I see nothing changes :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :shock: :? :oops: :D :wink:

Regards

Kevin :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:
I've learned.... That the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am.
Shallot Man
KG Regular

donedigging. We must both run the same filling system. :roll:
John
KG Regular

Hello Kevin
Another good place to look for this sort of information is the GardenAction website. There's lots of very useful stuff there including this vegetable planner in calendar form:

http://www.gardenaction.co.uk/fruit_veg ... lanner.asp

Hovering the mouse pointer over various bits gives you further hints and tips.
It comes out well with the printer set to landscape.
Another very good thing about the site is that it is free of annoying ads.

John

PS You can also sign up for a monthly email of 'what to do this month' in the garden.
The Gods do not subtract from the allotted span of men’s lives, the hours spent fishing Assyrian tablet
What we observe is not nature itself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning Werner Heisenberg
I am a man and the world is my urinal
Elle's Garden
KG Regular

Thank you for posting the links to these checklists. I noticed that the allotment month by month suggested lifting carrots in October and November. My carrots are growing in large pots (approx 125 ltr of compost), will they be ok in the pots until we use them or do I need to lift them before the frosts?
Kind regards,

Elle
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Dear Elle, a lot depends on whether they are maincrop carrots. Some of the older varieties are pretty hardy and can be left in the ground. But they do tend to suffer pest damage, but since yours are in large containers they shouldn't be effected as much.

Of course you can start using them as soon as they reach a usable size if you so wish.
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Elle's Garden
KG Regular

Hi again OH, my carrots were a pack of 3 types, summer, autumn and maincrop I think. I have just started stirfrying the thinnings from the summer crop pot, and they still seem a way off being what I would consider carrot size! I put the maincrop ones into the biggest tub on the basis that they would be in the longest and need all the space. It is only plastic though, do you think I will need to wrap it with fleece as winter approaches if we are still munching through the other pots?
Kind regards,

Elle
John
KG Regular

Hello Elle
I think that down in West Sussex your carrots in a container should be just fine. I live in a mild area and grow some carrots in those large blue plastic drums then just pull them as needed through the winter - don't even bother with fleece. Do be careful though that they don't dry out (not much chance of that at the moment) as suddenly watering maturing carrots in dry soil can cause them to split.

John
The Gods do not subtract from the allotted span of men’s lives, the hours spent fishing Assyrian tablet
What we observe is not nature itself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning Werner Heisenberg
I am a man and the world is my urinal
Elle's Garden
KG Regular

Hello John,

Thank you, I shall forget the fleece then. A good tip about the watering, that is the first thing I would have done if they dried out inadvertently. I shall be vigilant to make sure they don't! Next year I hope to grow them in a raised bed which should be better for them.
Kind regards,

Elle
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic