Scaffold boards

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Pol
KG Regular

Hi
Does anyone know where we can get hold of some old scaffold boards in or around Suffolk? We have recently taken over a large garden with an overgrown veg plot. We have prepared it but want to create some raised beds. Local companies say they burn old scaffold boards which seems very wasteful. Any info on where we might be able to get some old ones, or other suitable timber would be much appreciated.
Thanks
Polly.
peterf
KG Regular

try your locall scaffolding firms through yellow pages,it works here,you just need a friendly gaffer and promise to drop him some fresh veg in when you start harvesting :lol:
peter
KG Regular

A chap at our rugby club runs a scaffolding company, when the planks are damaged they shorten them and re-use.
Once too short for re-use they go for firewood. :evil:

Where abouts in Suffolk are you? I know someone in Gt Bricett nr. Ipswich who runs a scaffold business - he might be able to help
Pol
KG Regular

Hi
Sorry about the delay, been off line for a while. We are in East Suffolk, in the Saxmundham area, but we are willing to travel a bit.
Thanks.
Polly
peterf
KG Regular

hi pol,just had a word with a locall scaffolder friend and he tells me that a brand new 10ft board is £5.50, 13ft £6.50 cheap at half the price if you ask me :D
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic