Don't buy clothes!

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

peter
KG Regular

richard p wrote:.... she claims they are more comfortable than girlie ones.. how did she find out...

Given that a lot of girlie underpinnings would seem to consist of a bit of string with a quarter of an old hankie pinned on somewhere she probably used her eyes and brain.

Otherwise probably a friend told her.

I'm more intrigued by the cinema, who first thought of it, or had they been watching "Blackadder goes forth.", did she add a pencil in each nose and keep saying "Wibble!"
Do not put off thanking people when they have helped you, as they may not be there to thank later.

I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/
Elaine
KG Regular

I hate shopping too. My husband loves the way I shop....in the shop..quick browse..try on.. buy..OUTTA THERE! No trailing round town looking for anything more suitable then ending up back where you started for me. Could be that I've worked in retail since leaving school has something to do with it :?: :lol: cheers Elaine
Happy with my lot
peter
KG Regular

Elaine wrote:I hate shopping too. My husband loves the way I shop....in the shop..quick browse..try on.. buy..OUTTA THERE! No trailing round town looking for anything more suitable then ending up back where you started for me. Could be that I've worked in retail since leaving school has something to do with it :?: :lol: cheers Elaine

Rats, she's already married. :wink:
Do not put off thanking people when they have helped you, as they may not be there to thank later.

Mike Vogel
KG Regular

Lizzie and Smurfy, count me in. I've always ragarded shopping as a necessary evil and if anyone asks me why I'm in a shop the answer is "In order to get out as quickly as posible." I have a list; I get the goods; I go. And no, I've never been a brand-hunter either. The names mean nothing to me and I refuse to go around in clothes with other people's names on them. That's a relic of my boarding-school upbringing, I suppose. [I suppose "St Michael" is as near as I'll get to my own name!]
mike
Please support Wallace Cancer Care
http://www.wallacecancercare.org.uk
and see
http://www.justgiving.com/mikevogel

Never throw anything away.
lizzie
KG Regular

The Grock in the Frock wrote:dont buy knickers ither,if i cant find clean knickers i wear the O.H undies,and i am not messin.so what i wear to the lotty,dont give a ****although i must say,the tarts mum made me a fan dabbie,dozzie,body warmer the other day,and i havnt had the thing off since her mammy made it 4 me,thank u hilda xxxxx

I can confirm that this is true :twisted:

And my old mum made me a body warmer and lovely snuggly wooly pully too..................I love my mum :D
Lots of love

Lizzie
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

And i'm sure your Mum loves you to Lizzie, well it would be hard not to really. :wink:
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Chantal
KG Regular

peter wrote:Given that a lot of girlie underpinnings would seem to consist of a bit of string with a quarter of an old hankie pinned on somewhere...

OK, who's been talking :oops:

I do have some of (my own) M&S mens' boxer shorts which I purchased for those very cold days on the plot, and a very good job they do too!
Chantal

I know this corner of the earth, it smiles for me...
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Umm, bale twine and hessian. :twisted: :wink:

Westi
KG Regular

Ahh - Comfort first then!

I went to a fancy dress as a scarecrow in hessian.
I scratched so much people were avoiding me as
they thought I had something nasty.

Westi
Westi
peter
KG Regular

oldherbaceous wrote:Umm, bale twine and hessian. :twisted: :wink:

Finally an explanaation for that odd passage in your draft novel OH.
I thought you were trying to outdo Alan Titchmarsh and get the prize for the worst sex scene in romantic fiction, but really you were writing from life, or, at any rate life as it is lived in Milton Bryan.

"Tenderly he picked at the knot on her baler twine, as she scratched at the itchy hessian where it rubbed on her cheeks.
'Darling' she whispered, 'next time you get me lingere, please buy it from a shop instead of running it up from what you find in the barn and while I'm on the subject, I'm sure the pattern on the ballgown you gave me is the same as was on that horseblanket that Mille said got stolen."
OH blushed, but continued picking at the knot, 'Damm that baler!' he thought, 'I'll have to slacken off the knot tier this year.'"

oldherbaceous
KG Regular

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I do seem to have this terrible habit of bringing the worse out in people. :)

Things are still a little like that in Milton Bryan. :)

I did go out with a young lady that wore hessian clothes, i have got a photo somewhere, of her helping me on the allotments, i will try and find it.

Bren
KG Regular

Hi Lizzie and Crock in the frock, re wearing your hubby's shorts/briefs do you ever worry about having an accident while on the lottie and being carted off to hospital, thats my big worry been on my own on the lottie having a mishap and not having time to change into clean clothes.
Bren
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic