Soaking my roots tonight!

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Jude
KG Regular

Don't s'pose anyones missed me, sounds like you've all been having a good time at the party!
I started a new job this week, only part-time cleaning, but it's the first day job I've had in years and it's been a bit of a shock to the system. I've had to do something to get some dosh 'cos my nursing agency hasn't been getting me anything at all lately.
Anyway, haven't been able to get down to the allotment all week for one reason or another....covered in snow for a couple of days as well. It's been p...ing down today and more snow forecast but what the hell, the apple trees are going in tomorrow, come what may, after all, they weren't expensive and what have I got to lose?
Besides, if I don't get out and do something I could well end up as mad as some of you lot (mentioning no names of course P,L,G.)
Have a good weekend y'all :!:
Jude

There are more questions than answers.
Sue
KG Regular

Welcome back Jude - kick off your sling backs and join the party! Sound's like just what you need. New job for me as well this week, so brain more fried than usual trying to remember all the new stuff I've been told.

Sue :D
Chantal
KG Regular

Hi Jude

Are you suggesting that some members of this forum are "non compos mentis", or should that be "non compost mantis"? :lol:

What roots are you soaking? Yours? I have one of those frothing, shaking foot spa thingys (a word to the wise: don't put bubble bath in a foot spa). I'm waiting for the explosion from my OH when he finds me soaking my tooties in a bucket of pee come the summer. :D
Chantal

I know this corner of the earth, it smiles for me...
Sue
KG Regular

Since you raised the dreaded subject of liquid gold again - did we ever discover when hot or cold was required for ear treatments Chantal? A bucket full of the stuff may be the least of your OH's worries my dear :twisted:

Anyway - like Lizzie said - mad no :shock: Misunderstood with a suspect sense of humour - OK fair cop :D

Sue
Jude
KG Regular

Chantal, I'm sure you're all completely compost, didn't include you in my cleverly disguised hint as I thought you may still be feeling a little frail after your brief dalliance with the fear of mental disturbance ie. courgette flowers, chillies etc.
By the way, I have, in the course of my work as a nurse (mainly care of the elderly) frequently been on the receiving end of a golden face-wash and everyone says my complexion is extremely good for someone of my advanced years!
Jude

Chantal
KG Regular

I could happily soak my feet in the stuff but I'm sorry, I'm just going to get wrinkles.

Thanks for your consideration Jude, I feel remarkably sane this week; my stress levels are at an all time low; my greenhouse is full of little babies; I'm finally getting to grips with the passato prossimo (italiano) and have cleared my desk at work. Life's just peachy. :D
Chantal

Jude
KG Regular

Didn't get the trees in after all. Went down to my plot this morning and most of it's a foot under water..flippin' typical. So I've just heeled them in for now. Have had just about enuff of weather!
Jude

lizzie
KG Regular

Hi Jude

I was perfectly sane when I came onto this site. It's that lot, they turn you. Especially Piglet. He needs his crackling slapped, he really does. And Mrs Piglet needs a medal for putting up with him. Mind you, she's probably as potty as the rest of us. When we spit roasted him she wanted to know who wanted stuffing with theirs!!! :shock:
Lots of love

Lizzie
Jude
KG Regular

Lizzie
know what you mean, I feel myself beginning to slide down the slippery slope to madness though I am blaming the weather at the moment. As for Piglet, well, what can one say? Almost called my little girl up to have a look at his latest avatar (poor misguided child is a fan of his) when I looked at the picture next to it (organic Easter egg thing).
She knows about the birds and the bees but I draw the line at explaining this one!
Jude

lizzie
KG Regular

My youngest is a fan too. Another poor misguided child. I think David Attenborough would have problems explaining that one!!!

However, I'm growing very fond of that great big Chop. He does make me laugh the daft sod that he is
Lots of love

Lizzie
Chantal
KG Regular

Wait 'til you meet him Lizzie, you'll want to take him home with you. Mrs Piglet is a fortunate lady.
Chantal

peter
KG Regular

Chantal, please tell me you are not going to use liqued gold in a foot spa, shaking and frothing. :evil:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic