Bits and Bobs No7

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Woke up this morning to a good inch of snow, now i wasn't expecting that. :shock:
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
pongeroon
KG Regular

Good morning OH and everyone. It's so pretty out there, but I am getting tired of being cold all the time...and yes, I do put more layers on, but then the weather gets even colder :roll:
Parsons Jack
KG Regular

Good morning all,

A layer of snow here as well, which is quite rare for us.
According to metcheck it will be mostly sunny after 9am, and sunny all day tomorrow for us :D
Cheers PJ.

I'm just off down the greenhouse. I won't be long...........
Chantal
KG Regular

We have a dusting of snow this morning and everything looks frozen solid. I am SO glad I have a garage and know how to use it! I always feel quite smug when I drive down the road watching my neighbours scraping ice off their cars. Most of them do have garages, just use them as sheds. :roll:
Chantal

I know this corner of the earth, it smiles for me...
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

I feel that i should volunteer to warm up anyone that is feeling the cold at this time of the year.
But as it seems quite ungentlemanly to do so, and so out of charater for me, so i shall have to decline my offer.

But the thought is nice. :wink:

Parsons Jack
KG Regular

oldherbaceous wrote:I feel that i should volunteer to warm up anyone that is feeling the cold at this time of the year.
But as it seems quite ungentlemanly to do so, and so out of charater for me, so i shall have to decline my offer.

But the thought is nice. :wink:

You're such a perfect gentleman OH. Not everybody would have made such an offer :wink:
Cheers PJ.

I'm just off down the greenhouse. I won't be long...........
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Don't think there will be a lot of digging done today :)

seedling
KG Regular

Beautiful photos. I love it like that all snowy and sparkly. Not terribly helpful on the first day back to work for most people though. And yes Chantal i was one of the people you smuggly giggle at for having to scrape their cars :oops:
Seedling
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Well i do hope it stays snowy and sparkly, if it tempts Seedling onto the forum. :)

Monika
KG Regular

Light dusting of snow here, too, this morning, but then the sun came up and most of it thawed (except on the north facing slopes!). The greenhouse which has lots of flowering violas and hyacinths (bought almost in flower) smelled absolutely gorgeous in the sunshine. But tonight it's going to be jolly cold - my washing on the line is already frozen stiff now, at just after 4pm - so everything in the greenhouse, including the bay tree, parsley, lemon verbena, spray chrysanthemum stools, pots with iris danfordiae, iris reticulata, dwarf tulips and narcissi, is well wrapped up in bubble wrap and double fleece. So, here's hoping for the best!
jane E
KG Regular

-3 here at 6 this morning and snowing quite hard. Our little roads weren't treated of course, but when I drove into Leicester to work I felt as if my home belonged to a different world. There was virtually no snow in Leicester. All the male members of this family - 3 - collided with local hedges, but neither of the females did! Everything is frozen here, which makes it difficult feeding and watering animals before work! - 10 pigs, 20 sheep and 21 hens.
PLUMPUDDING
KG Regular

All yesterday's snow has frozen and not shown any sign at all of thawing all day. It was -7 in the top greenhouse and -5 in the lower one, so goodness knows what the temperature was outside. It seems even colder tonight with very clear skies.

We actually got the road gritted yesterday, probably because the police car couldn't get up the hill and had to go back. My dad had a good idea to get good service from the council. He always voted for the candidate who lived nearest to our house, and when the one at the end of the road got in we never had a problem with snow, litter, or the bins being emptied.
Chantal
KG Regular

seedling wrote:Beautiful photos. I love it like that all snowy and sparkly. Not terribly helpful on the first day back to work for most people though. And yes Chantal i was one of the people you smuggly giggle at for having to scrape their cars :oops:
Seedling

And you with a garage... tsk tsk tsk :lol:
Chantal

I know this corner of the earth, it smiles for me...
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Seedling is going to be doing some serious scraper work, if it's anything like round here, i've just come in and it's desperately cold out there.

pongeroon
KG Regular

Not so cold here today. I was going to grout the tiles in the bathroom today (at last!!), but it was sooooooooooooooo cold in there yesterday that when some overtime was offered for today I thought it would be the warmer option! Now I sort of wish was doing the tiles.....but only sort of.

Don't get too cold, OH. Its not good at your age, what with poor circulation and everything. :twisted:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic