Bits and Bobs No7

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Chantal
KG Regular

It's beautiful here today, sunshine, blue sky, not too cold, but for all that I have a headache and have to look at a computer screen all day :roll:

The day may improve when I get home as I may just find that my phone and broadband are all working again! :D
Chantal

I know this corner of the earth, it smiles for me...
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Then on the other hand they may not. :twisted:

But secretly i'm hoping they are fixed, as it just doesn't seem the same on here somehow. :wink:
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Magic Beans
KG Regular

Hello folks,

Hope the phone and broadband are fixed for you Chantal and good to hear your feeling pretty jolly OH, especially as it is 'Blue Monday'.

Must admit that I am in a pretty jolly mood too, after a weekend spent almost entirely in the garden with Mrs Magic Beans!

So much for the terrible weather we were forecast here in Lincolnshire. The rural little village I am blessed to live in seems to have missed most on the trials and tribulations of bad weather.

Saturday saw the ground preparations for moving our greenhouse completed and I was working outdoors up to around 4pm when the sun had set (gave me a chance to put my new Christmas pressie to work, solar powered shed light) and Mrs Magic Beans was complaining it was time for me to come in, I felt rather like a naughty child.

Sunday blossomed into life with sun streaming through the windows in our house and I have to say I was decidedly hot as we sat enjoying our breakfast. Then ventured outside to commandeer the assistance of a friend to help 'carry' the greenhouse frame twenty metres down the garden to its new home. A rather hilarious sight I would imagine as we both battled to keep it upright and not too skew-whiff!
Once safely planted and anchored down a few more garden chores were taken care of before the sun decided to set once and again and my mobile phone began to ring with Mrs Magic Beans again wondering if I was 'stopping out in the shed for the night'??

So overall a very productive weekend which has left me feeling a little tired but very much 'brightened up'.

Next stop finding some replacement glass for the panes of greenhouse glass that had been broken during storage... any suggestions for the Lincolnshire area much appreciated...
Cheers,

Magic Beans

Fee-fi-fo-fum, I smell the blood of an English Snail!

www.kitchengardenshop.co.uk
snooky
KG Regular

Silly day here in Cardiff,a bit of everything,rain,hail,sleet,sun,but mainly overcast,grey with a cold biting wind.I wonder if all this weather activity is confusing the worms in my compost bin?
I went out to the bin to the kitchen scraps/peelings in it and hundreds of worms are on top of the compost and on the underneath of the lid.
If I were a fisherman I would have enough bait for a week"s fishing :!: :!:
Regards snooky

---------------------------------
A balanced diet is a beer in both hands!
WARNING.!!... The above post may contain an opinion
seedling
KG Regular

If its any consolation Chantal a BT van parked outside you house as i went past about an hour ago
Seedling
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Dear Seedling, if theres only one van, i doubt very much if it's fixed, they will need at least two or three vans. :)

Magic Beans
KG Regular

Your right Oldherbaceous, definitely need more than one. When we had our new phone line connected the BT chap came and did a sterling job.. he switched us on and switched our next door neighbours off. Took weeks to get it sorted out for them!
Cheers,

Magic Beans

Fee-fi-fo-fum, I smell the blood of an English Snail!

www.kitchengardenshop.co.uk
Chantal
KG Regular

It's mad. My broadband appears to be fine so I have the internet again, BUT my phone line is terrible and is full of hisses and static. It's not as bad as it was and I can dial out (it apparently sounds OK at the other end), but it's a rubbish line all the same. I'm not sure how one can be perfect and the other pants, I thought it was the same line :? Looks like I'll be back on to BT again and they will no doubt tell me it's my phone or my extensions (it's not, I've borrowed a phone, disconnected the extensions and it's still rubbish). Another fun week lies ahead :roll:
Chantal

oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Sounds like moisture in the outside terminals to me. :|

Chantal
KG Regular

Sweet whistling Geronimo OH, if I didn't know better I'd say it sounded like you knew what you were talking about :lol: :lol:
Chantal

Geoff
KG Regular

Chantal
If it sounds a bit like a fax machine or modem it is a bad filter.
Voice lines use both wires of the pair that come into your house but broadband can get by with one good one and one dodgy one so the other alternative is one of wires in your pair is poor.
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Dear Chantal ,you can now ring, even if it has to be on your mobile, armed with some facts of what the problem could be. :)

Chantal
KG Regular

Well would you believe that now the phone line is crystal clear and the broadband on full strength. Who knows?

I do have a new microfilter on the phone by the way and no fax line.

All sorted :D
Chantal

donedigging
KG Regular

Great news Chantal,

Glad to hear you are back to normal, :wink: :wink:
donedigging
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Dear Donedigging, i think Chantal only said her phone was sorted, i don't think she mentioned being back to normal. :twisted: :lol: :wink:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic