Getting chucked out!!

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Catherine
KG Regular

And before you all jump to any conclusions that I have been chucked out of any drinking establishment. I havent. :shock: I dont go in any to get chucked out. :wink: What I am asking is why every so often do I get chucked off the forum and have to log in again. There doesn't seem to be any pattern, its just happened again this morning and I was just wondering why.
Chantal
KG Regular

You're not alone Catherine, it happens to most people sporadically. It's not just this forum either, it happens on other forums using the same software.

Don't take it personally. :lol:
Chantal

I know this corner of the earth, it smiles for me...
Catherine
KG Regular

Thanks Chantal I wont. But my internet connection is not working properly as I have just typed a very long post and my internet went off when I tried to submit it the blessed thing went off and I have lost the lot. :shock: Now I have to type it all again. :cry:
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Dear Catherine, it is infuriating when that happens, and it always seems to do it when one has typed a long post.

So i'm keeping this short just incase. :lol:
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Bren
KG Regular

I am in good company then I thought I was the only person to have that happen to, especially when doing along email to my friend in Australia, so she ends up with a much shorter version.
Whats being happening to me this past couple of weeks when I enter my pass word to get on to the forum I am told the password you entered do not match the password stored for this user name and do I want to change I answer NO
( Its the same password I have being using since I joined)they do let me submit.
Bren
Catherine
KG Regular

Bren If you are doing a long email type it into Microsoft Word page then save it and then attach it to your email that way you can type any amount in the document and you can save it on a regular basis while you are typing and you will not lose it. :)
Geoff
KG Regular

I think you are all talking about your ISP not your computers or the forum. Any of you with TalkTalk? My sister complains about them endlessly, probably because she can't complain to their non-existent customer services, she only sticks with them for the cheap calls to her son in the States. I'm a Virgin and have never had the problem (perhaps I could have phrased that differently).
Catherine
KG Regular

Hi Geoff. Im with Madasafish and "touch wood" they have improved recently. When we first went with them we were constantly rebooting the blessed thing as it would go off at the drop of a hat. You could get hold of the help line but it was four pence a minute and you could guarantee that you would be on for half an hour testing this and that. Now it is only occasionally and it happend the this time when I had typed a long post. I dont think there is any way to save the post as you type is there.
Geoff
KG Regular

As you say yourself, type it somewhere else like Word, highlight the text and copy it into the post. I'm old fashioned and was brought up on DOS so I use Ctrl C to copy and Ctrl V to paste all the time to move things around like taking quotes off web sites and putting them in emails.
Colin Miles
KG Regular

I joined TalkTalk earlier this year after being with what was originally Freeserve since they started. From having a reliable though not terribly fast service I went to a sometimes fast but highly intermittent one. Very frustrating. But just at the point where I thought about complaining - a few weeks ago - it all changed. Now fast and reliable. I think they have upgraded their exchanges.
John
KG Regular

Geoff
DOS days - what happy times they were! Everything was so simple then and once you knew the rules anything could be fixed with a few keystrokes.

John
The Gods do not subtract from the allotted span of men’s lives, the hours spent fishing Assyrian tablet
What we observe is not nature itself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning Werner Heisenberg
I am a man and the world is my urinal
Chantal
KG Regular

I'm with you all the way Geoff (and John), I use crtl keys more than a mouse, 'cos when I learnt how to use a computer, a mouse was but a twinkle in some techie's eye.

I spent nearly 2 hours on the phone to BT with a router problem last night, to be told at the very end of the conversation that they couldn't do anything about fixing/replacing the stupid thing because my contract with them ran out 2 weeks ago! By taking out a new contract I now have a new router en route and have done a deal with them so it's cheaper too.

Why oh why did they just not tell me this at the outset? I spoke to six different people, was transferred and put on hold more times than I can remember and cut off once. I had to tell them my personal details every time I spoke to a new person and all for nothing! I have calmed down now, but last night... :evil:

At least my router is working this morning, but for how long is anyone's guess :roll:
Chantal

I know this corner of the earth, it smiles for me...
Kev
KG Regular

It's easy, if you have typed a message and maybe think that the connection will drop out as soon as you click send, then before you send just highlight all your text and then click copy from the edit menu.
Your text is now saved on the invisible magic clipboard and if you need it again all you have to do is click paste.
Kev
Shallot Man
KG Regular

I haven't a clue to what you are all talking about. shallotman. A Level in moronic computer studies. :?
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Dear Sallot Man, sometimes it's a lot easier to be like that. :)
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic