citadel poly tunnels

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Anonymous

has anyone got any experience of the above? the reason being i'm toying with the idea of another tunnel and they seem to be the only ones doing a "straight sided" version as standard. 4'6" sides. I've got 16'x 22' by first tunnels and no complaints at all....best wishes ..paul.
Iain
KG Regular

Hi Paul, I just got a 21x42 from Northern Polytunnels with straight sides up to I think it's 5 feet.( haven't got it up yet ). For some reason they don't seem to advertise these. I believe they're a good outfit- I know a number of professionals who use them on a big scale, and all swear by Northern. I
Couldn't find the post by Jason to which you refer elsewhere in the labyrinth, by the way. ( Jason? Labyrinth?- classical!!)
Iain.
Anonymous

Hi again, E-mailed citadel yesterday and got their catalogue today with extra info. yours sounds interesting 5' sides, how did you order if they dont advertise them (how did you know they did them?) as for the Jason message turn left at the golden fleece! or:-Web and Forum - News and views-Announcement the web site is launched-2nd page near the bottom, phew I'm glad this is so much quicker than the old way. did any of the new people ever use the old site! When you get there its more sticking plasters for ill thought out ideas. the old site wasnt broken it didnt need fixing! sorry Iain obviously not directed at you....all the best ..paul.
Iain
KG Regular

Hi Paul, I'd be more likely to turn IN at The Golden LION, to tell you the truth. Re. Northern's high- siders: I contacted their (most helpful ) rep. up here and he told me about them. Their website doesn't mention a high- side option... unless I missed it but I doubt that.Re. Citadel: Somebody, a lady,on the old forum had bought a Citadel and was pleased with it. Moreover, she found the people very helpful. ( as I recall, they delivered it to an out-of-the-way location some way removed from her address).Have you seen in the Gallery section of their website the tunnel with the windows in the top bit of the straight sides. I fancied that. The impression I have of the Northern (this is derived from a hoop I've made up and have lying on the lawn ) is that the sides are not quite as straight as the Citadel's but they'd be straight enough, I think. Anyway, it's not fair of me to judge that until I get it up. But I'd be very surprised if the Citadel is anything but a good product also.
I agree with you re. the new forum, or is it forums? As Chris suggests, I think it would be good if we could agree on a single, main forum, but I think that's not going to happen while these other forums exist alongside. Anyway, there are others more experienced and more able than a johnny-come-lately like me to weigh up these matters.... I'll get my coat.

Iain.
fen not fen

I've got a secondhand old shape citadel tunnel, even after 8 yeers exposed to the elements the frame came apart easily, and went back together again! It seems to work, and I understand they are a bit cheaper than others when new.
I also bought a (new) Solartunnel this year - that was an absolute cow to put up, and I'm not convinced about the ventilation (it's at floor level and cannot be stopped in winter so things are getting chilly). But the green cover gives a more even temperature - does anyone else have any views on them?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic