whats your temp

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

peterf
KG Regular

hi all,just registered tonights outdoor temp at -1c,now this is lower than this time last night.be interesting to see what the coldest recorded temps are tonight in differing areas of the country.could make a good read tommorrow, if we can see the difference all over the country.peterf :o
jane E
KG Regular

Tilton Leics It was -3 on the morning of March 1st.It rose to 3 during the day. Actually it didn't feel that cold.
Chris
KG Regular

Hi

Here in Moray in North Scotland it's plus one right now - one or two inches of snow but thawing slowly. I expect it will be colder overnight. The severe weather warnings make it look far worse than it is.

Chris
Chris
peterf
KG Regular

currently -0.4c here in consett,but it does feel a lot milder than it has been.that dreaded wind chill has vanished,dont know if this is the end of it yet the weather patterns are still a bit unpredictable.peterf
Chantal
KG Regular

At 7am this morning it was -0.04c ; sorry, don't know about overnight as I evidently put my thermometer somewhere stupid - it read +1.0c at 6.30am when everything was white and the pond's frozen solid. I'll try again tonight. :oops:
Last edited by Chantal on Thu Mar 02, 2006 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chantal

I know this corner of the earth, it smiles for me...
richard p
KG Regular

was minus 4 here (central somerset) overnight, with a smattering of little white balls. sunny this morning, air temp just above zero at 9.30 am
sandersj89
KG Moderator

In west sussex we dipped to minus 5 but we are in a frost pocket at the bottom of a small valley.

The ice of the sheep trough was over an inch thick!

Jerry
Farmers son looking to get back to the land full time one day.....

Holiday in Devon? Come stay with us: http://www.crablakefarm.co.uk/
lizzie
KG Regular

Hi all

Just checked on metcheck.com and between tonight and Sunday morning we're getting temps with a windchill of between -2 and -8 degrees.

Time to get the thermals back out of the drawer and get the fur lined knickers back on.

This morning there was an inch of snow on the ground which is melting very slowly where I live. The kids were all late for school cos of the snowball fights etc.
Lots of love

Lizzie
peterf
KG Regular

well,it got down to -5.1c here last night :shock:

hey, -2C last night.on the banks of the lower severn. :shock:
lizzie
KG Regular

It's started snowing really heavily again here.

It was dangerous in the schoolyard. There were snowballs flying everywhere. That was just the parents in the playground waiting for their kids to come out of school!!! :lol:
Lots of love

Lizzie
The Grock in the Frock
KG Regular

took the ubby too work yesterday morning at 6.00am and thought it wasnt too bad till we got in the car and it said -1.by the time i got him to work it was -3,but thats just were he works,when you come back around the bend it goes up again to -1.its snowing now 4.40pm.will see how cold it is at 9.30pm when i come back from keep fat.
Love you lots like Jelly Tots
pigletwillie
KG Regular

+3 here today but getting colder as the night draws in. Very sunny with no snow. As I am now on rest days I even topped off one of the new polytunnel beds with homebrew compost prior to the cover going on. The Sh*t heap was frozen solid on the outside though so wimped out of moving more of that.

Mrs Piglet is off to Yoga (oooohhhhmmmmmm) shortly so I will be in a nice warm greenhouse sowing some tomatoes, flowers and cabbage.
Kindest regards Piglet

"You cannot plough a field by turning it over in your mind".
Chantal
KG Regular

Load of snow here about 5pm and it's now frozen solid, clear sky and -02c. I've just been out in the car and was sprayed by the Council gritter (anyone who reads Viz start sniggering now). It's going to be bloody cold out there tonight.
Chantal

I know this corner of the earth, it smiles for me...
peterf
KG Regular

-2.2c at the momment here,but a nice dry night all the same :wink:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic