lovely day today

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Primrose
KG Regular

Incredible light this evening. Just as the sun was setting the sky here was a mixture of so many different lights rarely seen together. Threatening black rainclouds in one direction, golden sunshine in another, which had the effect on making our dark green fences look bright green and turning the dark red leaves on our acer plant into a bright cherry colour. And a wonderful yellow light which made the whole scene look as if it was floodlit. Then five minutes later all this magic had suddenly disappeared.
Parsons Jack
KG Regular

Cold, wet and windy along the seafront this morning at 6 am. Why is it that whenever I look after my neighbour's greenhouse, it always turns cold :evil:
Cheers PJ.

I'm just off down the greenhouse. I won't be long...........
Catherine
KG Regular

Just dropped my husband off at work, still not able to drive after his operation on his knee. Tomorrow he can. The drive back was brilliant, it is quite warm and lovely and sunny. I can see the bird feeders from my kitchen table and I have three siskins and two gold finches on them. I am waiting for the washing machine to finish then I can get the washing out, supposed to be a really nice day today then hopefully I can get up to the lotti to plant some more seed. Only job I can do standing up until my hip starts to settle. Got a Bowen appointment at 10am so hope that will do the trick. Then back to the lotti for the rest of the day. :D
pongeroon
KG Regular

My fine young man and I were horribly ill yesterday. He puked most of Sunday night (though I managed not to) and we spent all of yesterday either asleep or lying around unable to summon any energy at all. :(
Most peculiar, and the dog was not impressed with her minimal (and very slow) walks.
But after a good nights sleep we are fine again. :D
Catherine
KG Regular

Hi Pongeroon Poor you, what on earth had you been eating to be so sick? Are you feeling better today and is the weather any better with you if you missed yesterday. It was very wet here yesterday but it is lovely still today.
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Dear Pongeroon, may i be so bold to ask who did the cooking Sunday, :twisted:
Bet you just knew i was going to ask that. :wink:

Glad you are both feeling better now.
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
pongeroon
KG Regular

Thanks for your concern Catherine and OH.
For your info OH, we both cooked! :roll:
I think it was a bug rather than anything we ate because I am the first to puke (and the longest)if the food is dodgy. Too much detail there, maybe... :lol:
Anyhow, we are back to normal now and looking forward to the next meal...
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Just can't wait for my dinner now Pongeroon. :twisted:

Catherine
KG Regular

Your teasing Pongeroon OH
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Dear Catherine, thats just what i do best. :wink:

pongeroon
KG Regular

He's a shocker, isn't he Catherine? But we love him. :roll:
lizzie
KG Regular

It's been beautiful here today but I haven't had time to get to the lottie. Had to go into town and then Mum called my mobile and asked me out for lunch. By the time I got back it was time to cook, then I had to go shopping.

Won't get to the lottie tomorrow either cos I have to shop for party food for Sunday.

Last Sunday I went to the beach with the dog and it was pouring down. Just as we got there the reain stopped and it started warming up very quickly. The mist started rolling in off the Irish sea and off the sand. It looked wonderfully mystical cos the mist was hovering just above the sand, then there was a gap then more mist. It was really hazy too with bright sunlight bouncing off the waves. I wish i'd had my camera with me cos it looked like a large piece of mystical/Celtic artwork.

Bloody marvellous it was......made me a happy bunny :D

Hopefully, the good weather will last till Thursday when I can get to the plot and get digging
Lots of love

Lizzie
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Dear Clive, have you had a go yourself, with the Bosch Isio hedge trimmer yet. I just would like to know what you think of it.

Clive.
KG Regular

Hello Old H'
I did have a little run with it to tidy up some of the ragged looking bits...I keep having a little question about its abilties....but I'm repeatedly being told that it is alright. :wink:

It was fun filling in the Bosch questionaire...as to what model it replaced and its age..we threatened to put 100...but the box on the form was only big enough for 99 :roll: :wink: It would have made the Bosch survey 'puter a bit perplexed...but perhaps it would have lead to the boffins building some more life into current tools as they tried to match what was replaced :twisted: :wink:

Lovely day again today....cleaned out the AppleHouse....and then later it was just dry enough to return to the soil..Bean poles have started to be put in place...see, we are catching you up.?!!

Was met by a Kangaroo at the front gate this morning.:? ..turned out to be a Muntjac when I took a second look. :wink: ..have never seen one before..although we knew they were about...it "hopped" off into the front shrubbery..dear? little thing. :roll: :wink:

Clive.
Last edited by Clive. on Thu May 01, 2008 8:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Cheers for that Clive, maybe i'm just a little heavy handed for such an item. :)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic