Sods Law - why is it!!!

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Sarah
KG Regular

Is the clock wrong on here? Catherine said 4.15, but the time on her message is 3.17. Just wondered. Hope you're feeling better this morning Catherine.
Catherine
KG Regular

Thank you for your concerns. It was 4.15am this morning not sure about the clock. But I have just managed to have two hours sleep. I took a paracetamol, had a cup of tea, put the electric blanket on in my granddaughters bed and got in, closed my eyes and started planning my veggi plot. Lo and behold before I knew where I was it was 7.45am. How wonderful, I feel a lot better now. Thank you again everyone.
Geoff
KG Regular

Sarah - you have to change the timezone on your profile twice a year - set it to GMT+1 for Summertime.
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Dear Catherine, glad your feeling a lot brighter, i hate to think of people not well or in pain.

Don't know what your weathers like, but it's gorgeous sunshine here. :)
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Catherine
KG Regular

Thank you OH I am feeling a little better than I was at 4.15 this morning, and I have made some plans for today. Trying to be more positive. The weather here was lovely first thing but it is now clouding over. I am going up to the lottie shortly to transplant some seedlings, standing upright, me not the seeds.

Do you think that I have to harden off my broad beans if they are in the polytunnel before I transplant them into the open ground. Not quite sure if they need it or not.!!
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Dear Catherine, as long as you haven't had a heater running in the polytunnel they will be fine.
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Catherine
KG Regular

Thank you they will be going in the ground in the next hour depending on the husband's speed of planting with a elbow crutch.
HelenH
KG Regular

Hi Catherine

Pleased to hear that your'e feeling a little better this morning. Hang on in there!

I feel quite recovered now, although it will be a few weeks until I can do anything like digging or lifting anything heavy. So in the meantime I've been pottering round the greenhouse and have sewn lettuce, cabbage, basil, and a few other things. And like you said, its stuff that can be done standing up so is quite comfortable. I'm going to get the car out today for the first time in a couple of weeks - I hate to be marooned at home when my husband has gone out.

Hope you continue to improve and feel better.

REgards
Helen
lizzie
KG Regular

Glad that both Catherine and Helen are feeling more perky today......that's good news.

It's always difficult pacing what you can and can't do...i'm the worlds worst at it and always end up paying the price for my over-enthusiasm. One day, i may learn to be more strict on myself (oohhhh....look...a squadron of flying pigs..... :roll: )

Keep going girlies...things will get better and better all the time
Lots of love

Lizzie
Catherine
KG Regular

Just a quick update. I managed a whole night of sleep last night and my hip is feeling much better today. :D Not done anything though just been round the garden centres locally to get some plants for the garden. Now we are going to go up to the lottie and transplant some seedlings, standing up. Thanks everyone for your kind thoughts. :D
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic