The Inaugural Opening Meeting.....

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Chantal
KG Regular

Good point, but I know if I, for example, ask the charming people outside my office (which is opposite the job centre), to stop spitting, I'm not sure that I would come out of the encounter the way I went into it. Chicken? You bet I am. :wink:

I do frequently go out and ask the deaf morons in parked cars with the windows down and their stereo on full blast to turn the noise down as I can't hear myself think and I'm trying to work. So far, they've all done as I asked, but the rest of the staff think I'm crackers and tired of life. :roll:
Chantal

I know this corner of the earth, it smiles for me...
donedigging
KG Regular

I work for a large supermarket, (only because the hours suit family needs.)

I am fed up with customers that think because I work there I have an IQ of nothing!!

It's also not our fault things get moved, we are only doing our job!

why do customers need to talk to their friends in the busiest isle, blocking it for others and staff trying to put out what everyone whats to buy??

I'm glad I've got that off my chest after the day I've had, roll one tomorrow!!! :twisted:
PLUMPUDDING
KG Regular

Why do people (men) have to make so much noise when they are outside?

I've just been enjoying the first nice warm gardening day this year when first of all a lorry full of scaffolding appears over the wall. So there has been banging and crashing and the men shouting over the noise they are making, then straight across the road another load of workmen have been drilling and hammering inside a new garage, accompanied by loud irritating music, and of course they have to shout very loud to communicate. Then another neighbour has been strimming for two hours - goodness knows what as his lawn is only about 10 ft square, and now the Police helicopter is circling overhead.

It is usually really quiet and you can hear the birds singing - But not today.
Chantal
KG Regular

We have a guy on our site who is just so damn greedy. Twice now a pile of muck has been delivered, dumped next to his plot as it's at the end. It's for everyone, but the whole lot, twice, has been shovelled over his fence. He now has a pile higher than his fence. Yes, it DOES make me cross :evil:
Chantal

I know this corner of the earth, it smiles for me...
Primrose
KG Regular

Was pottering in the garden this morning enjoying a peaceful cup of coffee and listening to the birds, when suddenly from next door, all the windows and doors were thrown open and this deadly pop music started up.... THUMP, THUMP, THUMP, BOOM, BOOM BOOM. In the end I was forced to retreat indoors People are so inconsiderate sometimes.
Shallot Man
KG Regular

I have a suggestion for the government who insist that the armed forces has all the modern equipment they need.
1/ All eligible members of Parliament must also be in the Territorial Army.
2/ They must all do one tour every 18 months in Afghanistan.
Primrose
KG Regular

Excellent idea shallotman. And they should also have to put up with the same kit deficiencies too.
And their families should have to live in the same standard of Army living quarters that some of the forces' familities are having to put with (And without the John Lewis list allowances naturally).
Tiltonblue
KG Regular

Here we go

People who park cars in car park spaces at an angle.

The French

Drunkeness (believe me i love a pint, in moderation)

Smokers (I've just quit after 35 years and i am feeling smug), (i dont really cos it so hard to stop)

I wont go on any more as you might think im grumpy.

Mike
donedigging
KG Regular

My OH, drives into the supermarket car park, though the wrong entrance,I'm now
really embarrassed as I work there,
then procededs to park the family car at an angle!
His excuse, no-one will hit it!!!
No he's not French, but is very much like Ben Harper!! :(
Parsons Jack
KG Regular

People who can't wait to get on their mobile as soon as the interval starts in the theatre. What the hell can be so important that it can't wait another hour :evil:

Dog walker's along the seafront who don't pick up after their dog, although there are bins about every 100 yards. It's not that bloody difficult is it :evil:
Cheers PJ.

I'm just off down the greenhouse. I won't be long...........
Catherine
KG Regular

Standing looking at a shelf in the supermarket when someone reaches right across me to take something off the shelf without saying excuse me.

Holding the door open for someone to either come in or go out of a shop and not receive a thank you. :evil:

My next door neighbour who has just had his patio relaid and has raised it so they now look down into my garden, which he does frequently. So we have lost our lovely privacy in the garden when we are eating our evening meals on the new table which we bought last year and did not use, in the summer. :x

My daughter !!!!! but dont even go there. :x :x :x
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic