Malvern in May

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Tigger
KG Regular

The Chatterbox Box gang (ie., the most prolific conversationalists on the KG website) have been discussing the idea of meeting up at the Spring Show at Malvern (Sunday) for lunch, bringing foods we have grown and/or created. As I'm married (for 30 years on March 6th) to the King of deserts, I have persuaded him to contribute some puddings and breads. I might yet persuade him to part with some of his wine cellar.

This is an open invitation to any other KG contributor to join us.

The only membership fee is that you bring something you have grown and/or made.

Nearer the date, we will agree a venue and time.

There's also the opportunity to do a similar exercise in the autumn. Anyone keen?

Volunteers for May first please?
mazmezroz
KG Regular

Hi there Tigger. When is the Malvern show??? Would deffo be interested.

Guess your OH is the king of desserts, not deserts! Sorry to be pedantic!!!! My OH is a v. keen cook, so sure I could persuade him to do something, just need to know when it is. It would be weird, but great to put faces to names of fellow KG chatterboxes.

Many congratulations on 30th anniversary! Well done to you! Pearl anniv. I think.... 30 years.
The Grock in the Frock
KG Regular

put me and the tart down for the latter,thats a date we will not be missing,cant wait too meet you all,but if my alan is there you wont see me for dust,and please dont laugh if i cry when he asks to marry me :D
Love you lots like Jelly Tots
Tigger
KG Regular

iSorry Maz - can't spell after 2 glasses of wine on a Sunday evening.! Maybe I should partake more often?.

I think it's Sunday May 14th but no doubt others will correct me if I'm wrong.

This all started when the KG site went down a few weeks ago and Chantal started e-mailing people as a means to continue communication. Some of us had met up on the Ryton Potato Day. We had so much in common, it seemed like a good idea to get together and the obvious opportunity for us to meet was at the next big show - Malvern - with Tatton as first reserve. Initial responses to Malvern were positive, so we thought we might have a KG lunch there.

Everyone to bring something homemade and (preferably) homegrown too.
Tigger
KG Regular

Grock - if you'll be there, I'll make the Autumn Malvern event too. Wouldn't want to miss an opportunity to meet you.

I think I'll be able to persuade him indoors to make some puddings (eaasier to spell than desserts) before he goes into pre Christmas mode.
The Grock in the Frock
KG Regular

as arnie says ...I'LL BE THERE,or is it I'LL BE BACK.anyway smoke me a kipper for breakfast. :D
Love you lots like Jelly Tots
Allan
KG Regular

Malvern is the only show we bother to go to, an obvious choice as it is the nearest. However there are 3 days, or maybe 4 this year so no good if we pick different days, we tend to go early Friday to avoid the weekend crowd. If we are there we will have a presence on a PMR channel, by default channel 5 no subchannel but that can be changed.Car is P reg maroon Volvo estate, members parking.

Allan & Pam
Allanxtra

12-14 May for customers, preview on 11th
There is a Website, you know, and you can pre-book And order a show guide before the date so you know which bits interest you. Unlike Gardeners World Live at NEC, parking is free.
Allan
pigletwillie
KG Regular

Tigger, I do puds as well so will bring a triple stack chocolate gnash cake and some savouries. Perhaps even some hot beetroot with a creme fraiche and horseraddish dressing.

The weekend is best for us as Kazzi Works during the week but we will try to slither in with everybody elses plans.
Kindest regards Piglet

"You cannot plough a field by turning it over in your mind".
Chantal
KG Regular

Hi Tigger

As you know I'll be there - but this is my official reply. I'm also planning for the Autumn show.

I would have thought Sunday 14th May would be the best day for most of us. I appreciate what Allan says about it being less crowded on the first day but I work from Monday-Friday as do most of us I suspect and in any case, the first day is Press Day as Allanxtra has pointed out.

Tigger did mention to the Chatterbox Gang some time ago that tickets are best booked in advance as you can be turned away on the gates. So, once we've decided on a day, we should book up asap. The ticket/info link is http://www.threecounties.co.uk/springga ... /index.htm

Allan, what the hell does "If we are there we will have a presence on a PMR channel, by default channel 5 no subchannel but that can be changed" mean?
Chantal

I know this corner of the earth, it smiles for me...
peter
KG Regular

Chantal, that means Allan will have his walkie-talkie with him.
Johnboy
KG Regular

Hi,
I agree that Sunday 14th May seems to be the best day to suit so that Piglet and Mrs Piglet can make it without any bother.
Last year Wellie managed to book in advance and also the RED Carpark and actually managed to park about 4 vehicles from the entrance. She supplied a wonderful spread and the day was absolutely wonderful and one that will live in my memories. We all got sunburnt and although I work outside all the time and generally unaffected by the Sun I was peeling for about a fortnight. Mine was from Head and Face but propriety prevents me from mentioning where Wellie suffered the most!!
I cannot promise to bring anything exotic but I feel that we should try and work out in advance who's bringing what!
Mobile phones are an advantage on the day.
Oh I cannot wait for the day!!
JB.
Chantal
KG Regular

At the risk of appearing stupid, what use will a walkie talkie be to most of us? I don't have one that's for certain.

I will however have a fully charged mobile phone - it worked brilliantly at Ryton last month and I'm sure it'll work again at Malvern.

Looking forward to seeing you all again,
Chantal

I know this corner of the earth, it smiles for me...
Tigger
KG Regular

This is looking good! The other advantage of Sunday is that it's much cheaper - more money for plants, or to spend on a reserved parking space within the grounds.

I love the idea that we're already compiling the menu. I think we like eating as much as we like gardening!

It's going to be great.
lizzie
KG Regular

Hi All

Would have to Aumtumn for me. Financial probs mean I won't be able to afford it before then. I need to save up cos it's no good going when potless.

It was brill when I met Shelley, JB and Shelleys partner Paulie. Had a fab time, beautiful food, fab company. Throughly brill weekend.

Yep, count me in for Autumn and me and Grock will be there.

God help you all :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Lots of love

Lizzie
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic