Looks good this weekend!!

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Shallot Man
KG Regular

I plan to watch the six nations Rugby. shallotman
Tigger
KG Regular

It's gorgeous here too. Sun's just appeared so it's outside for me all day........... :D
mazmezroz
KG Regular

Well, I got everything done I wanted to except washing out the plant pots ready for this year's sowings. It was a lovely day! And today promises to be just as lovely - the sun is already shining and the frost glistening. We do have a heavy frost ... So maybe I'll save the pot washing till later and just watch the birds on the bird tables for a while!
alan refail
KG Regular

Dear OH

Well the snowdrops were all out :)

Thanks for your faith in me, but the water refused to be walked on :wink:

and Lloyd George's daffodils will not be out till next weekend :(

oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Looking at those stunning photo's who would want to move away from England, ooops i mean the British Isles. :lol: :wink:
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
pongeroon
KG Regular

Still at work, but happy in the knowledge OH is thinking of me (apparently!) :wink:
Wouldn't have done the overtime if the forecast weren't good for the next few days...I think it the anticipation will make the allotment work all the more enjoyable tomorrow. :D
Malk
KG Regular

hello all, hope you've had a fruitful weekend. sorry I've been so silent.

The warm air has got my gardening blood flowing again, but at 5 1/2 months pregnant I'm getting to big to do much. But since Friday I've emptied my carrot bathtub and put the compost on the rhubarb and asparagus beds. Did two lines turning over the soil and put on two loads of compost on my last unturned bed, it's been so wet up here, I haven't been able to finish it.

that pretty much knackered me for the heavy work, so I emptied my tomato pots into the carrot bath and cleaned them out.

Then I came home and raked the flower bed and moved the iris and lavender and pruned the hydrangea.

I know I'll be sore tonight, but Sunday is the night I take a long warm bath, Mummy's treat. And boy am I looking forward to it.

I think spring is sneaking up on us here in Scotland as well (gorgeous pictures, Alan) not as quickly as down south. Here's hoping it'll stay awhile.

Best wishes to all.
Welcome to Finland!!
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Dear Malk, not trying to sound like a mother hen, but please be careful and not to over do it. :)

Dear Pongeroon, sorry i forgot i was going to be thinking of you. :wink:

Clive.
KG Regular

Hello,

Just back from holiday...working holiday :? :wink: over the border into Derbyshire..

..which may feature in a brief snippet on BBC Countryfile possibly next weekend or some time soon anyway...
I didn't get a speaking part..but some of my fellow holidaymakers were interviewed.

A few photos of what we got up to..hedgelaying, treeplanting, tree brash burning up, mown grass raking in SSSI area..etc...
...all good fun :? :wink:

Clive.

Clive.
KG Regular

...and tonight we have spotted the space shuttle on its way across the skies...
Colin_M
KG Regular

Clive. wrote:...and tonight we have spotted the space shuttle on its way across the skies...

Does that mean that Brian Ashton's got NASA looking for his missing team tactics :(

Oh dear, whilst I like the Italians, I prefer the days when we used to beat them with less last minute drama.

Colin
Geoff
KG Regular

We too watched the Space Shuttle. For those of you without light pollution you can register for this site http://www.heavens-above.com/ and find out about all sorts of objects going over.
Mike Vogel
KG Regular

Yes, what a wonderful spell of weather we are having.

On Saturday I raked in some seaweed fertiliser where veg was already growing, such as garlic, broad beans, globe artichokes and rhubarb, picked the last of the sprouts, dug up the last of the celeriac, gave away some land cress plants, of which we have far too many and painted 5 planks of wood. Then I dug a trench for runners and filled it with compost.

The I went home and dug out the bottom half of a compost bin, sieved it, mixed it with perlite and not enough leafmould and filled a bag with it.

Then at 4.30 I realisedour drain was overflowing. That put paid to Sunday, which was spent waiting for the engineers. Oh well, at least I got the greenhose cleared out.

Today it's the doctor's but at least I'll get the afternoon on the lottie. Somebody really should find out how Joshua did it.

mike
Please support Wallace Cancer Care
http://www.wallacecancercare.org.uk
and see
http://www.justgiving.com/mikevogel

Never throw anything away.
Malk
KG Regular

thanks for the concerned clucking. don't worry, though, my body tells me right away when I'm reaching my limit and I listen. Didn't feel bad at all yesterday.
Welcome to Finland!!
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Dear Malk, thats reassuring you know your limits, i wish i did. :)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic