Poundland bargains...

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Deb P
KG Regular

Just picked up 2 bare rooted gooseberry bushes for £1 each in local Poundland, not named varieties, but I thought I'd give them a go for that price! They also had redcurrants, blackcurrants and raspberries. Bargain!
nog
KG Regular

I planted those a few years ago and they are doing ok. The blueberry turned out to be a twig that did nothing.
sue-the-recycler
KG Regular

Hi Folks
Always on the look out for bargains - the 'home bargains' store, (which is in between Wilkos and Poundland, right bargain alley our high street :D )have packets of seeds for 15p a packet. Got detroit globe beetroot, loadsa french marigolds and a good selection of herbs
nog
KG Regular

Wilkinsons have Min Max thermometers for £4
Anonymous

Focus DIY have 2 x 120 litre bales of multipurpose compost for £10.00. We find this useful for bulking up home made compost when potting up tomatoes (in 10" pots), hanging baskets and other containers.

Netto have D T Brown seeds (flower and veg) for 19p per packet. Quite a good selection of varieties.

valmarg
Tigger
KG Regular

More bargains - B+Q have 145 litre bags of compost for £3.85 and Aldi have basic fruit and veg seeds for 29p. Lidl seeds will be here within the next few weeks and they are a bargain.

All helps towards those extravaganzas!!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic