Good for Suffolk Herbs

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Monika
KG Regular

When I was sorting my seeds out over the weekend, I realised that an order I sent to Suffolk Herbs in November had never arrived (I had sent an order to five firms so I never missed it at the time). The cheque had gone through the bank in December. Well, I sent them an email on Monday, just in case it had never left them and today the seeds arrived, the first lot presumably having been lost in the post.

That's good for service, isn't it? I hope they can claim it back from the PO.

By the way, this is not a grouse to complain about the Royal Mail because I think their service is usually brilliant.
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Dear Monika, sometimes i wonder why we are surprised when we get good service, i know i always am.
But surely it is what we should be getting. :? :)
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
mazmezroz
KG Regular

Re: being surprised about good service - I think mostly the surprise is to celebrate the good. So often it is only bad service that gets the publicity, countless good examples are not aired in public!!!

Find this at work: people very quick to criticise, but when the job is well done nobody says a word.

It's always so nice when someone actually comes up and says 'thank you'!

Would be interesting to have some sort of statistic to compare number of bad versus number of good services we receive ......
Weed
KG Regular

I learnt the valuable lessons about being courteous and respectful to others at home and this was reinforced throughout my school life. When I finally left school my peers at work continued my education and this has been invaluable in helping run my own business for almost forty years.

These days there is little or no education within a lot of homes on the basic disciplines and the schoolteachers have no time or clout to try to get over these simple ideals. I really don’t envy them in their jobs. Employers then have to contend with what they are left with after the pupil leaves the school and even then education in the workplace is not like it used to be.

Is it any wonder that values have slipped almost out of existence?
I am in my own little world, ...it's OK, ...they know me there!
The Grock in the Frock
KG Regular

I agree with you weed,and i think manners should start at a very young age and be tought by parents.
this xmas as a treat for our cub and scout group,we took them bowling,i was so shocked how bad mannered the children were,not one of them said please or thankyou to the man who swopped their shoes for them and i could feel my blood boiling as more of them swopped their shoes and walked away.when they had all changed i pulled them all and told them how angry i was and made them all say thankyou and i appologised to the man,who then said "dont worry luv im used to it" to which i replied "well you should expect more and not give them their shoes until they say thankyou" .He just gave me a limp smile :x
The thing is, all these kids are not bad kids and most of them come from good homes.The only child that did say thankyou without being told comes from a family with problems and lives with his Nan,he was the only child who offered me a sweet,said please and thankyou and shared what money he had with another child who had none.
Love you lots like Jelly Tots
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic