What was your most useful Christmas present this year?

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Primrose
KG Regular

Ours was a gadget containing a combined wind-up lantern and flashing light, wind-up radio & mobile phone charger and mosquito repellant with built-in compass. The only thing it appears not to do is brew your morning coffee. Looks like we'll be well equipped when the revolution comes or all the power goes off ! (They're currently on sale in Woolworths, reduced to £15 from £30).
The Grock in the Frock
KG Regular

P.js and book vouchers :D but no-one got me fags :cry: In our house they call me B.B.C----Bed ,book and ciggie,then im in heaven :D
Love you lots like Jelly Tots
Colin Miles
KG Regular

Undoubtedly "The Wrong Kind of Snow", The Complete Daily Companion to the British Weather, by Anthony Woodward and Robert Penn. Not only is it great on the weather, but has an immense amount of useful historical information. And after reading that you realise that the 'balance of nature' is a complete myth, if you didn't know already. We may have had a few extreme weather conditions over the past few years, but they often seem rather insignificant compared to past events, especially as our ancestors didn't have all the benefits that we have. Mind you, a volcano eruption near the Equator, or a massive storm like that of 1703, or several years of really continuous rain or drought might make us struggle.
Chantal
KG Regular

At the moment it's my ipod as I broke my CD Walkman just before Christmas.
Tim was delighted as this solved his "what to get her for Christmas" dilema.

In a couple of months my favourite will be the wonderful Wolf hand fork and trowel (with extending handle) that Seedling bought me. As I can't crouch/kneel down and have to weed sitting on my upside down kneeler, these will be brilliant as I won't have to bend over so far. 8) :evil:
Chantal

I know this corner of the earth, it smiles for me...
The Grock in the Frock
KG Regular

Chantal,you have just put a very strange image in me brain :oops:
Chantal
KG Regular

Oooh do tell Grock :lol: :lol:
Chantal

The Grock in the Frock
KG Regular

its the bending over soooo far :twisted:
The Grock in the Frock
KG Regular

Any one heared from the bouncy one ?
Chantal
KG Regular

Yeah right, very funny :lol: :lol:

Sometimes I bend over soooo far that I get dizzy. I think it's 'cos my jeans cut off the blood supply to half of me :roll:
Chantal

The Grock in the Frock
KG Regular

:shock: :shock: :shock:
Rooster
KG Regular

My most useful present was the 2 bottles of Jack Daniels. :wink: :oops:
Tigger
KG Regular

I'm here........!

My bestest present was my only one - a cheque from the Inland Revenue for overpaid tax. Most of it was spent at Heligan. :D :D :D
Arnie
KG Regular

Hi all,

2 Books by Katie, Thear Keeping Poultry & Cheesemaking :) 1 book by Robert Hardy, Social & Military History of the Longbow 8) and best of all a 24 egg incubator :D :D Boy I must have done something right last year, Dammed if I can remember when & what it was :? and a 10 year old bottle Glenmerangie (not the correct spelling) Whiskey.

Best Wishes

Kevin :roll: :wink:
Di
KG Regular

Really serious themals for going digging in sub zero temperatures, no excuse except rain now...

The other half of the pressie was wonderful wellies with the tattoo style pattern of skulls and roses, but they didn't fit, 'parently only little women are allowed trivial footware. :cry:
Primrose
KG Regular

Tigger - you must be quite unique - the only person on this money to receive money back from the Inland Revenue !! But what the Gods give with one hand, they take away with the other, so you can bet your name and details are one of those lost data discs which are drifting around somewhere !
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic