Where is everyone?

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Chantal
KG Regular

What's everyone been doing today, not posting on the forum that's for sure. I can't believe the last post on here was before lunch; this is unheard of. Is anyone out there?
Chantal

I know this corner of the earth, it smiles for me...
pigletwillie
KG Regular

Well if they are anything like me they are digging and manuring potato trenches and watching England beat Italy at the greatest game know to man.
Kindest regards Piglet

"You cannot plough a field by turning it over in your mind".
lizzie
KG Regular

I too have been down the plot to plant my strawberry plants. Then, then bloke next to me was down so I borrowed his flame thrower so I've had a belting time, playing with fire. The Grocks husband was also there, laughing at me cos of the stupid grin on my face.

I did enjoy myself :twisted:

Glad Grock wasn't there or we'd have been fighting over the thing.

I'm a fire starter, twisted fire starter :twisted: :twisted:
Lots of love

Lizzie
Clive.
KG Regular

Hello,
I've been out to have a look at and check out progress at Easton Gardens near Grantham...all very interesting...
http://www.eastonwalledgardens.co.uk/index.html

Perhaps should have been doing something with some Broad Bean seed or even assembling a friends mower.??...

But I always enjoy a nosey around someone elses garden....

All the best,
Clive.
pigletwillie
KG Regular

I thought lighting fires was a bloke thing
Kindest regards Piglet

"You cannot plough a field by turning it over in your mind".
nog
KG Regular

Working =====Bad
Double Time =====GOOD.
mazmezroz
KG Regular

Not posting cos down the lottie cleaning out the greenhouse, shifting the biggest pile of poo ever from one end of the allotments to my end of the allotments (must have lost at least half a stone today), and planting some raspberries I had to move cos new fence was being placed in exactly the raspberry growing area.

Feel both very virtuous, and very inspired. Can't wait for spring now. Found myself happily thinking about the fact that we're nearly to the middle of February, and March ain't that far away. Also, sorted out all my seeds so I can really get going with planting. Last year was too enthusiastic and planted far too early, so have had to hold meself back a bit.

Dug up some leeks and got myself a nice little punnet of button sprouts.

Wahoo! :D
fen not fen
KG Regular

the idea of logging on during daylight hours!
Chantal
KG Regular

I spent the afternoon in the greenhouse and feel much better for it. It was much too cold to go to the plot and in any case we went out for lunch with the family for my grandmother's 90th birthday. I was hoping to get to the plot tomorrow but the forecast here is for rain and not much warmer which is less than appealing. Oh well, loads to do in the greenhouse still.
Chantal

Jude
KG Regular

It was bitterly cold and cloudy here in Chester first thing, but it brightened up about lunchtime so I suggested a 'nice walk into town and on to the park' for husband and 8 year old daughter and I scarpered off down to the allotment! Did 3 hours of digging in lovely sunshine and came home feeling great!
The Grock in the Frock
KG Regular

shopping for the luvly meal im gonna cook my husband,ive now cooked it today chicken bisque and sticky toffee pud for afters.its all cooked now and in the car to take the plot,he thinks im taking the kids swimming but a friend is.ive cot 200 tea lights to get in jam jars to light all around the plot but ill do that at about 5.30 .ive blagged him that ill be sowing seeds and he can come and pick me up and every thing will be ready.were having it tonight because he's working on tues night. :D
Love you lots like Jelly Tots
Chantal
KG Regular

I hope the weather holds for you Grock, it's raining here today. I'm about to squelch up to the plot to dig up some veg (yes Piglet, including your artichokes)but I can't say I'm looking forward to it.

My OH is working on Tuesday night. :( He's a restaurant manager so he'll have to deal with a 50 tables of two, all being soppy and doe eyed. I've often worked Valentine's night with him but it's not much fun, especially when at least one couple will fall out over the champagne and chocolates... :twisted:

Good luck Grock and have a great night :D
Chantal

Tigger
KG Regular

Wher have I been? Coughing and spluttering, having finally succumbed to the lurgy. Couldn't do postings because someone's replaced my brain with porridge. Feeling marginally more human today, so might go and play in a nice warm tunnel this afternoon.
Grock - what a romantic you are. I'm not going to let my husband read your posting - he might get ideas.
The Grock in the Frock
KG Regular

meal VERY GOOD ,weather VERY BAD ,but the greenhouse looked fab all full of candles,even done one in a heart shape on my lawn,all stuck in jam jars,thanks to liz :) smoothe fm playing in the background,and a hunk sitting opposite me with a license to thrill......what more can a grock ask for? 8)
Last edited by The Grock in the Frock on Sun Feb 12, 2006 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Love you lots like Jelly Tots
lizzie
KG Regular

Think i'm going to gaff up.

You're an old romantic aren't you Grock. Was Joe a good boy? Do tell
Lots of love

Lizzie
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic