Just like the old one!

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

jane E
KG Regular

Well there are nearly 100 registered users, many familiar names, some new. There's been a party, a good exchange of views on GM, banter, some serious gardening help, help to each other on getting to know the new forum - all fairly instantaneous, all stimulating and entertaining. What's changed? Just like gardeners always do, we're taking advantage of new technology and changed circumstances and grizzling about the passing of the glorious past. Leigh must be laughing up his sleeve because we're carrying on with hardly a hiccup and giving him all sorts of ideas on how to improve his site. In fact making ourselves comfortable on the new forum, and not marching off to a different one!
John
KG Regular

Hello Jane
Yes, its being to look like the old forum. If we all remember to post into 'General Chatter' then it will really be just like old times, with a few bells and whistles. Can't see the point of the sub-forums within the main forums - if we ignore them perhaps they will just go away!
Nice to see that quite a few of the crew from the old forum have come on board the new ship. I see Alan and Johnboy are keeping their distance so far.

John

PS I was trying to post this up last night at about 8:30 when the forum became slower and slower then gave up the ghost. Just like the old forum!!!
Anonymous

Hello Jane, I think what is the same is us.What is different is everything else, from the start there have been things i like about this forum, also quite a few that i dont, but to be able to participate i like everyone else have joined in with the spirit of the thing and tried not to dwell on what is negative.(isnt that hobsons choice) i definately dont like the disjointed feel of all the different sections and i think the site will become more unwealdy as time goes by and no end of posts acumulate. Before i felt it really was our site. now more and more it is obvious it is somebody elses baby. Lots have said they are uncomfortable with the "gimmicks" nobody I'm sure ever joined to be called a seedling! some dont like the emoticons,(no problem for me) some just dont like the quantom leap in technical jargon. some requests are ignored and some if they coincide with the new thinking are replied to and acted apon and added almost immediately even though an earlier post from Leigh said there would be no more changes. A discreet keeping his distance might have been a better tack untill the dust settled. The interventions on the previous board were few and far between and only when necessary. being constantly monitered and having cookies put into my computer just goes against the grain, I,m obviosly having a bit of a rant now, and if things run true to form i'll probably get blasted by some maybe even a few in support, but i also feel that by airing my views i'm in danger of putting myself at odds with the new person in charge something that would have never crossed my mind on the old forum. from the start i felt we were being pushed and prodded to where someone else wanted us to go (for our own good?). I think its a case of "the King is dead, long live the King" because this is what we have and this is what we have to work with. but it aint the same. but there i've had my say....paul
Anonymous

Jason has made a post which addresses some of the issues in my post its in the thread above...paul.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic