Camping

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

lizzie
KG Regular

Hi peeps

Lizzie and family are about to go off on their annual family camping holiday so was wondering if anyone knew of some good sites in Wales please.

We're after one that allows open fires and dogs. We went to one last year which was great but wouldn't allow dogs and I think my Chiefie Waggit would enjoy himself camping.

So, any ideas from people please.

Thanks

oooh, forgot, it has to be cheap
Lots of love

Lizzie
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Your presence is always welcome in Bedfordshire Lizzie, even if Wales doesn't want you. :twisted: :) :wink:
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
gowerbass come gardener
KG Regular

port eynon down the gower s. wales.

holiday camp is bank farm.

if you need more info let me know
a bad days fishing beats a good days work
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Dear Lizzie so sorry to pinch your topic, :twisted: but just to let you all know i'm of to Norfolk tomorrow for a few days.
I shall be returning on wednesday, which just happens to be my birthday, :oops: i have let that slip out again, what must you all think of me. :) :wink:

Primrose
KG Regular

Dear OH, At last I can claim to be superior to you as my birthday is on the Glorious Twelfth !
Have a good holiday Lizzie. The only camp site that I'm specifically aware of may have disappeared after all these years but it was in Cardigan Bay close to a wide stretch of almost empty beaches and I can't remember what it was called. Suppose you've already tried Googling "Camping Sites in Wales which permit fires and dogs?"
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Dear Primrose, it is common knowledge that you are far superior than myself. :)
Many happy returns of the day for Sunday, i'll wish it now as i won't be here to do it on Sunday.
Hope you get spoilt. :) :wink:

Gilly C
KG Regular

we stayed on 1 at Barmouth that allowed dogs not sure about fires so long ago when mine were little, sorry I cannot remember the name, great beach for kids and Cader Idris if you want a decent hike !
lizzie
KG Regular

Hi Everyone

Thanks for all the posts. I know the site you mean Gilly, we stay at one on the moors outside Harlech. I love Barmouth, lovely beach for the kids to dig up.

We're not going now till next week cos i'm poorly at the moment. Got 3 abcesses in my jaw with a further infection. Then, my leg gave way and I banged my foot against my sofa. My trotter came up like a balloon and couldn't get on my hiking boots. Should perk up in a few days time so should be off then.

Hopefully, nothing else will go wrong....... :shock:
Lots of love

Lizzie
Gilly C
KG Regular

Hope you feel better soon and this good weather lasts for you, take care :)
lizzie
KG Regular

Thanks Gilly

The Old Mans happy though cos it hurts me to talk. He thinks he's gone deaf. Still, i'm saving it all up for when i'm feeling better :twisted:
Lots of love

Lizzie
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Dear Lizzie, i'm so sorry that you are suffering at the moment, i really do hope that things brighten up for you soon.
You really are one in a million, to manage to keep joking around.

Lets hope you manage to get away next week, i will think of you as i'm in Norfolk WHooping it up. :twisted: :) :wink:

Primrose
KG Regular

Sympathies Lizzie. I think holidays are bad for your health! Either you get stressed out preparing for them (or ill just as you're about to depart) , or you're knackered when you get back having to catch up with all the dirty laundry and weeding/gardening backlog. Enjoy it when you eventually get there anyway and hope all the infections clear up quickly.
lizzie
KG Regular

It makes me sound like a right skanky girl.....

I'm clean really, in my physical habits if not in my mental ones :twisted:

I saw the worst thing earlier in the week. A new low, even for this city.

I was on the bus going to collect my car from it's mot and service, and the bus had to stop at the lights. Next to the lights was a pub with a little outdoor area for the smokers. I couldn't believe what I saw.

4 women, all with their kids, ALL wearing pyjamas and smoking and drinking in public.....with their children......in pyjamas

Nasty people.......what's wrong with them. If they can afford to drink thens urely they can afford to clothe themselves in the appropriate manner...

Jeez....the sights you see when you aint got your
AK 47 :shock:
Lots of love

Lizzie
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

We all love you Lizzie. :) :wink:

Jenny Green
KG Regular

Maybe it's a new fashion and we're just behind the times Lizzie? I hope so. Some of my pyjamas are in better condition than my clothes.
When I first read about you're leg I thought you wrote it CAME away rather than GAVE way. :shock: Glad to hear things aren't that bad yet.
Hope you're better and can get away soon.
(Formerly known as 'Organic Freak')
Earth provides enough to satisfy every man's need, but not every man's greed.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic