what is this strange golden orb in the sky?

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

fen not fen
KG Regular

And where has the mud gone?
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Dear fen not fen, lets hope you can get some crops growing at last, hope things are looking up for you.
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Chantal
KG Regular

Has it helped your toothache Fen? :?
Chantal

I know this corner of the earth, it smiles for me...
jopsy
KG Regular

the orb is a spaceship
we saw it briefly; got excited, wore appropraite clothing, lulled into false sense of security then it rained on us :?
i hope your teeth are well
"Happiness is the sense that one matters"
fen not fen
KG Regular

My teeth have stopped hurting, which I think is more worrying than being in agony!
Things are drying out and this week we planted up the tomato tunnel. A bit late but we spent time and money growing the blessed things so we might as well see if we can get a few toms off them. The cukes we planted before the flood have mostly died and them that have survived are looking very poorly. But the flood has given us the impetus to diversify into pots of herbs and 'living' salads, something we always meant to try but never had time to do. We have 200 hens arriving next week as well because we know we can make money from the eggs and despite being a bit non-plussed the hens weren't adversely affected by being surrounded by water for two days (fortunately the water didn't get into the sheds). In fact they rather enjoyed the exclusive diet of drowned worms.
So things are looking up, although we will be making a hefty loss this year rather than the projected small profit. We can probably make it into next year if we keep juggling credit card debt But it is amazing that no matter what the reality the sun just makes you feel better!
Chantal
KG Regular

Hi Fen, you're right about the sun. I woke up this morning at 5am and lay in bed in the sunshine making wonderful plans for the day, until I realised it was Friday and not Saturday :roll: but the sun makes you feel glad to be alive.

I'm pleased the things are going a little better for you at last; good luck with the new ventures.

Can I ask if you suffer from hayfever or neuralgia? If you've had either recently that can result in agonising toothache as I know to my cost. I came back early from a holiday one year convinced I'd need all my teeth out, only to find it was all because I'd got bad hayfever and there was nothing wrong with my teeth. :lol:
Chantal

I know this corner of the earth, it smiles for me...
Jenny Green
KG Regular

Me too. If I've got a cold coming on I can always tell because I get toothache.
Sincere wishes for a more profitable year next year Fen. I think salads are a great idea. I grew Mizuna this year and had months of pickings from just two sowings. It grows well over winter too.
(Formerly known as 'Organic Freak')
Earth provides enough to satisfy every man's need, but not every man's greed.
Tigger
KG Regular

Or sinusitis Fen. Causes unbearable toothache. :cry:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic