whos itching to get started

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Chez
KG Regular

Hello Piggers

I would be interested in having a go with some - the chilli ones (if you have them), not the capsicum type. Does that make sense to you?

Having never grown chillis before, I have got Twilight seeds to sow this year (part of the GW trial), but would like to try some other varieties. Do the ones you have need to go in the greenhouse, or can they be sown outside?
Chez
KG Regular

Let me rephrase that. Are your chillis able to be grown (not sown) outside, or do they need to be in a greenhouse throughout?
Chantal
KG Regular

I'll try anything and I'll have some of my own in later, Fothergills Hot & Spicy mixed so I have no idea what to expect this year. If anything weird grows I'll let you know!
Chantal

I know this corner of the earth, it smiles for me...
pigletwillie
KG Regular

Hi Chez,

they can be planted outside in a a sunny sheltered position, but a prefer it undercover or on a windowsill. Up until this year when I will have the tunnel up and running I grew them in pots and they were lined up on the greenhouse path but did venture outside when the weather was good.
Kindest regards Piglet

"You cannot plough a field by turning it over in your mind".
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic