How nice was today!

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Sue
KG Regular

Been out in the garden all day and just getting my forum fix before slumping on the sofa.

After weeks of freezing cold, it was halfway warm and I was a woman on a mission clearing up and getting ready for spring. Got my greenhouse cleaned up, tatties chitting and even cleaned out the pond ready for the annual frog invasion. Top tip to get if you get duckweed smothering your pond - hens love it. Mine start jumping up and down at the hen run gate the minute I even go near the pond. They were in chicken nirvana today.

I swear the snowdrops grew about 1/2 an inch while I was out there and I spotted some hellebore flowers on the way.

Sue :D

p.s. apologies if it was grotty weather in your neck of the woods!
Clive.
KG Regular

Hello Sue,
Still grey skies in E. Lincs. :roll:

But it was up to 45F according to my weather wotsit gadget so much better than last Wednesdays thin air..

Plan is to get a mower out tomorrow.. :D

That'll make it snow. :wink:

Clive.
pigletwillie
KG Regular

It was here as well Sue.

My wife and daughter joined in and between us we managed to clear loads of rubbish away from behind our shed and dig two complete rows of tattie trenches and manure them after a load of it arrived on the plot at lunch time (10 ton).

We even managed to start shovelling it into new raised beds before calling it a day. It was a pleaseure to be out and not freezing or wet.
Kindest regards Piglet

"You cannot plough a field by turning it over in your mind".
Angi
KG Regular

It was lovely down here, too. Did lots of garden jobs and got very excited as I have lots of snowdrops this year and plenty of crocuses and daffs are already through!!
LakeView
KG Regular

Heavily overcast and chilly in S Oxfordshire. Not inspiring here as where you all were. But still managed to get a few things done.
The Grock in the Frock
KG Regular

luvly day here i de pool,must have been,the old tart liz was out of hybernation and digging like a woman on a mission when i got down to my plot.ive now got my garlic in and gave a few plants a hair cut,then sat and had a cupper with a few friends. :D
Love you lots like Jelly Tots
mazmezroz
KG Regular

Miserable here in Warwickshire for most of the day, although sun peeped through once or twice. However, I was busy all day, so didn't get down to me lottie! :cry:
Deb P
KG Regular

I finally got around to sorting out my old little polytunnel/dumping ground as well, and found all sorts of useful stuff I'd forgotten I had! Some mice have obviously been overwintering in there, loads of holes chewed in some weed retardant fabric presumably used for nesting material, didn't find any nests though! It was a bit overcast in Derby, but loads warmer than it has been, my thermometer had -5 as last weeks lowest reading...
peter
KG Regular

:D quite delightful.

Woke to a bacon buttie cooked by my son, watched him train & play rugby for two hours, three hours up the site doing some fence replacement work, then home to put on the Sunday evening roast. Pork it was that mail-order service "Grocks" I think it was, really delivered :twisted:

Joy oh joy the post-hole borer the council bought me to go with the wadge of fencing they also bought works a treat, being manual you can get it right up under the old wire without having to remove it.
All the above in sunshine, dry surface to the dug soil, even managed to work in polo-shirt :!:

Probably means a hose-pipe ban soon :evil:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic