Christine's Garden

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Sue
KG Regular

Valerie - if you have cable or digital telly and can get Discovery Real Time, there is a programme you might enjoy called The Allotment. At the moment it's on at the crack of dawn at the weekends, but if you are up early you can catch it on Real Time + 1. I often work weekends which is how I found it. They are currently running 2 episodes back to back from 5.00am to 6.00am. It's worth keeping an eye out for because they repeat it fairly often. You can check the listings on www.realtimetv.co.uk.

I know Christine was a bit batty, but I liked her anyway and I don't mind Mr T's playing to the camera because that's just how he is and who wants poe faced dull gardening programmes anyway. A welcome return to an hour of gardening on a Friday night as far as I was concerned. 'Im indoors worships Fred Dibner as well, so we watch a fair bit of him which is fine by me as well.

Sue :D
Clive.
KG Regular

Hello Valerie,

It wasn't all that long ago....was it..????!!

Harry Baker, fruit growing... that was the other name I was trying to remember.

All the best,
Clive.

I love anyone who shows enthusiasm and passion for what they are doing. With the likes of Christine, Alan, Monty etc, you can see that this is genuine enthusiasm. If it gets people out gardening or enquiring about getting an allotment then fair enough. My favourite TV chef is Tamasin Day-Lewis purly because she is enthusiastic about using local produce, food that's in season and cooking proper food, not that new cuisine rubbish where one mouthful and it's gone.

With Christine she showed what could be achieved in a small space. Her garden wasn't huge. We need more of these shows.
pigletwillie
KG Regular

Tamasin is great, very seasonal food just what we want ideas for to cook.

Christines garden could have been so much better, as a presenter I really liked her because of her enthusiasm and easy to digest way of passing it over. I feel that the BBC have just made a cheap show out of it to fill in whilst other programs are off air rather than doing it properly.
Kindest regards Piglet

"You cannot plough a field by turning it over in your mind".

Valmarg is that Mr valmarg or Mrs Valmarg or miss. Why did you feel it was nececssary to try and deflect some bad feeling my way, because I have chosen not to sign my name or as many do (almost seems like the majority) use made up names? On the old forum I used my full name or my first name and initial. With the new forum starting there seemed to me to be a rash of A.K.A's I decided that wasnt for me and what was the point in signing my name. This is wandering off the point which is. Is my comment any less valid unsigned or yours any more acceptable because you have the word Valmarg attatched to it?
LakeView
KG Regular

Would that be reel-to-reel tape by any chance? Only kidding! :wink:

Peter Seabrook's son has an allotment next to mine... but I have to admit I'd never heard of him (before my time...in the UK). Alan's my fav (and I saw him on the IoW a couple years back just being a real person!) Monty is good too.
The Grock in the Frock
KG Regular

im not here for a fight ,but PLEASE leave the luvly valmarg alone,she is a VERY nice person,with LOTS of compassion for others,as i'm sure you would find out if you pm her,with her real name given to you if she replied.DIDNT I TELL YOU LOT THERE IS SOMTHING IN MOON PLANTING,A KICK OFF IS STARTING AND WE'R COMING UP TO A FULL MOON SOON, hi,hi,hi :lol:
Love you lots like Jelly Tots
Chantal
KG Regular

I'm not arguing for or against anything here, but you can't PM a guest and Valmarg is a guest too, with a name.
Chantal

I know this corner of the earth, it smiles for me...

As far as I can see I have responded politely to Valmargs "at least I signed my name. guest" comment. Which actualy I'm still not sure she has is this her name? how do I know, or for that am I bovvered.
The Grock in the Frock
KG Regular

ha ha luv the response,im i bovverd :lol: any way anyone who digs MY ALAN 8) is o.k by me.dont ye think hes great.
mazmezroz
KG Regular

Guest, you are obviously 'bovvered' or you wouldn't have bovvered to reply. I think you have a chip on your shoulder, mate. We're all happy to share opinions in the spirit in which their offered, but not diss others' opinions in the process.

Think you need to chill.

Get in your garden and get diggin'!
The Grock in the Frock
KG Regular

oh come on guys,lets be friends now,life is far to short for this :D
Chantal
KG Regular

Well said Grock, the voice of reason.

Chantal
Chantal

mazmezroz
KG Regular

Yes, Grock, Chantal, you're right. I will try not to rise to the bait again.

Changing the subject, anybody know when Rachel deThame is coming back to GW? I know not everyone likes her, but I think she's good. Sarah Raven writes really well, but I find it hard to relate to someone who wears a skirt when gardening. Dunno why. But might be cos I don't wear a skirt unless anaesthetised.
Chantal
KG Regular

I know what you mean, I don't even wear one then!

I've always thought Sarah Raven's dress sense was peculiar but hey, each to their own. It would be worse if it was Monty or Alan wearing a skirt.
:shock:
Chantal

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic