Brussels stalks

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Sue
KG Regular

Thanks Beccy - I'll tell 'im indoors and see what he thinks. He's gone a bit strange ever since he did a woodsman course with that Ray Mears bloke. He spends a lot of time whittling wooden spoons so sprout stalks should be a welcome diversion :D I reckon casserole is what you have in the south and stew up north. My parents are from Manchester and they openly sneer at the very idea of casserole as a softy southern invention (and not a proper stew!)

Don't blame you Fen - we've got rats at the garden centre I work at climbing up the espalier figs and eating the overwintering baby ones off, so have had to move them off display fairly swiftly as not keen on passing rat lergies onto any customers. They seem more desperate this winter than usual for nosh.

Sue
Sue
KG Regular

Thanks Beccy. Will tell 'im indoors and see if he fancies a bit of whittling.

Don't blame you Fen - wild rats can carry all sorts of lergies. You would think they would eat the sprouts as well though - maybe they left then for the rabbits? Been a tough winter for wildlife - we've had rats, rabbits and deer break through the defences at the garden centre I work at to munch the stock. Usually they leave well alone, but I guess they are a bit desperate this year.

Sue
Sue
KG Regular

Thought the first post had rejected. :oops:
richard p
KG Regular

i allways thought a casserole was done in a casserole dish in the oven, and a stew in a stewpot on the hob or fire. :D
mandylew
KG Regular

Give them to someone with a rabbit or guinea pigs, great for keeping their teeth short.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic