Monty Don

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

The Grock in the Frock
KG Regular

liz is to lazy to pull anything :twisted:
Love you lots like Jelly Tots
Allan
KG Regular

as everybody has had an opportunity to air their views I suggest we let this topic rest. It started off as merely a reference to Monty Don's article as I found it interesting and thought others would thinl likewise,as things turned out a newcomer might be misled by the original subject name. I don't intend to pass any judgement on what he said at that time other than that I found it interesting. I never intended a general discussion of the pros and cons of Organic or organic gardening, this has been done many times on the old forum.
Allan
pigletwillie
KG Regular

Allan,

by their very nature forums are a spinning mass of ideas and opinions perpetrated by all sorts of people. It is inevitable that threads will wander off course and then come back to their original topic.

I personally will not be told by you or anybody else (other than Mr Potato head) that a thread is closed or what I can or cannot say on it.
Kindest regards Piglet

"You cannot plough a field by turning it over in your mind".
Arnie
KG Regular

Hi Lizzie
As for bindweed get some 6ft canes,place were the bindweed is growing and let the bindweed climb up the canes and than spray, you can do this all over your allotment if it is a bad you say or if you do not want to spray use a touch weeder, but make sure you are wearing rubber gloves.
Hope this is of some help

Kevin :wink:
Allan
KG Regular

Pigtwillie
Keep your hair on, I did SUGGEST it, if you wish to put postings under a heading that has nothing to do with your message I can't stop you but at the same time I am of the opinion that you would be be more usefully employed creating or at least finding another thread so that the world can enjoy your talents.
pigletwillie
KG Regular

Allan,

may I refer you to my previous posting. You may also be able to inform me of the meanings of the following words:-

Pompous and arse.
Kindest regards Piglet

"You cannot plough a field by turning it over in your mind".
Jude
KG Regular

Can't help thinking....will all this sort of stuff(amusing though it is!) come to an end once the growing season gets properly underway. Hope not! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Johnboy
KG Regular

Hi Piglet,
I agree with the words Pomous and Arse but the words that really come to mind are Pot, Kettle and Black!!
I view the original letter only as a bit of trolling for which the originator is becoming quite well known.
JB.

I remember somebody on this forum who severely criticised me more than once for getting away from the original topic.
I also remember somebody who wanted advice on the subject of how to heat a greenhouse and which was immediately forthcoming from a number of people.
Perhaps before we get too engrossed in mudslinging we should equip ourselves with a little gadget called a mirror. Our opinions are our own, not to be exchanged in a battle for status.
This forum can only work to the benefit of all if there is a degree of mutual respect, not only of one another but of the anonymous reader and of course the people who run this forum.
richard p
KG Regular

the relevance of the replies does depend a bit on whether the origional topic is a request for help or a thinly disguised attempt to start another argument on a subject that has been well aired recently.
Simon d

I concur with Richard. I dont feel that piglet is out of order or vying for status with his comments, Allan got his just rewards for a patronising reply.

Yes I agree that some threads go awry but thats because the forum is a living thing and as Richard says some people post for effect.

Hurrah for people who are not afraid to put their name to sometimes contentious comments, even the guests, except for those anonymous people who hide behind their annonimity

not another wind up merchant surely?
lizzie
KG Regular

Grock. You know i'm open to offers for pulling. One person in particular but i'll settle for any new victim (sorry) person.

Kevin and Jane.
Thanks for advice for using the spot weedkiller thingy. I've not tried that one yet. I normally get some sort of depraved pleasure of shouting "die you *******" whilst decapitating the bindweed with my hoe. This is giving Grock cause for concern but it does take one to know one. I'll try with the canes too. It's so much better than it was when I first got the plot but there are still some pockets left.

As for Monty Don, he did an excellent interview regarding his fight and causes of his depression. Something he still lives with to this day. It was so interesting and i'm sure that, because of him speaking about his own depression, it made other suffers go for the help that they needed. I don't really agree with his form of gardening but to speak up about a personal matter to help others needs to be congratulated.
Lots of love

Lizzie

i agree,and its the grock here,but now im off to keep fat,talk to you later lidabit :D s
Simon p

you are an anonymous guest, whats so scary about putting a name to your comments.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic