Greenhouse Staging - Recommended Suppliers?

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Chez
KG Regular

We are looking for two tier greenhouse staging, which is strong, stable and will last a long time. We'd rather pay more for a good quality, than a cheap version which will not go the distance. Although, if we can get a good one at good price, that would be great! Can anyone recommend a brand that fits the bill at all? It is for an aluminium greenhouse (if that makes a difference).
Chantal
KG Regular

Hi Chez

I have heavy duty modular green plastic staging which I bought at my local garden centre and have used for about 6 years so far. I can be broken down and used as single tier or built higher. The only thing is that the bottom tier is better used as shelving as it's quite dark. Suits me, but if you want plants on both levels then it's not for you.

:D
Chantal

I know this corner of the earth, it smiles for me...
pigletwillie
KG Regular

Hi Chez,

try Two Wests and Elliot. They are not cheap but are very good quality.
Kindest regards Piglet

"You cannot plough a field by turning it over in your mind".
Allan
KG Regular

To get good staging that I use extensively it has to be Two Wests & Elliott. I have 75 ft. total of their staging and no complaints. The oly casualty was some of the asbestos-typre sheeting on the first lot, one cracked under heavy load but the current aluminium sheets are fine. I have caveats on some of their other stuff, in particular the automatic watering reservoirs and the propogator but that's all another matter. You may find some of their lines available elsewhere at better prices, they tend to hide their re-badged stuff as to origin.
Allan
Chez
KG Regular

Thanks Allan and Piggers for the Two West and Elliot recommendation. I have just visited the website and it looks to offer just what we need (cheaper than expected too!). I am delighted, thanks again!
LakeView
KG Regular

I too agree about Two Wests & Elliot - I have bought staging, shelving and a heated bench from them and highly recommend them. One good thing is that the staging comes in a wide variety of widths and lengths -- and for a bit more, they will make them taller than the standard, too. This is especially important to me. I think I might possibly have been their first online customer - I knew what day the site went online and watched the site address and went and bought something right after they went online!

But I would buy pots etc from NA Kays, though, as 2 Wests prices for pots are a bit high. NA Kays' website is new and clunky - but at least they are online now!
jane E
KG Regular

2 wests and elliot are very good. Chez - you might find their narrow shelving that wedges into the greenhouse structure with a blind bolt really useful for raising plants on above your potatoes and tomatoes.
Angi
KG Regular

For real bargain price single tier staging, check out B&Q's plastic wallpaper table. It's 60x200cm approx and costs 24.95. It can be dismantled when not in use. I have one already, and will be buying another before I really get going. It is so easy to hose down and (hopefully) won't rot!
vivie veg
KG Regular

Focus DIY or Greatmills (I think they merged a few years back) currently have Heavy duty plastic shelves suitable for Garage or greenhouse staging. they are £14.99 for two tier and £19.99 for four tier.
I don't suffer from insanity .... I enjoy it!

Vivianne
Chez
KG Regular

Thanks for your valued suggestions, which have really helped me narrow down the choices. Will now discuss these with OH and decide on the best option.
darren c
KG Regular

Try Two Wests and Elliot or Harrod Horticultural.I was in the same position as you last year , both of the above firms are reliable and between the two of them its swings and rounabouts regarding prices as both offer uniquely different sizes of staging.Neither are cheap but quality and top service never are .
Chez
KG Regular

Thanks Darren. Great to have that additional reassurance.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic