gardeners world

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

richard p
KG Regular

just watched gw , the first time for ages, how come all these hard working presenters are wrapped up in thick jumpers and padded coats when weve been basking in warm sunshine all week?
Compo
KG Regular

Hi Richard there was nothing on the programme that inspired me one bit, probably was filmed a while back. I think they need a 'plant trauma counsellor' cos all they ever ddo is move plants around, the garden that they work in is not real for many people who generally have smaller gardens, less time, less know how and less money.

Bring back Mr T!!! Or Geoff H!!! This lot are pants!!!!

Compo
Geoff
KG Regular

Now if you could bring back Geoff H that would be a real coup! Mind you being a family of gardeners when my niece's grandma from the other side of the family died and was buried in the Autumn she wondered if she would come up in the Spring.
Could just reshow the Geoff H programmes I suppose, we'd learn more than off this lot.
Malk
KG Regular

They were reshowing old GW on UKTV Gardens, don't know if they still are (don't have time to watch during the day). If I remember rightly they were doing it by season so you'd get one episode after another with the various presenters talking about the same time of year.

I think GW is like Dr Who, your favourite depends who you were watching when you got into it. I only starting to watch it in the last few years.

GW doesn't have enough veg, none this week except for in things to do, and yes it seemed it all is about moving things about, but I guess that's what I spend a lot of time doing in my flower garden as well.

I did like some of the green flowers though.
Welcome to Finland!!
pillbug
KG Regular

I think GW is filmed in Worcs.so not suprised they`re wearing jumpers,where is all this sunshine?
lizzie
KG Regular

All the sunshine is here!!!! It's been beautiful for the past week. Big Andrew has been off work so we've been out nearly every day. Went to Llanduddno yesterday and it was fabulous. We went up onto the Great Orme where I thought it would be cold but no, sunbathing weather. Had a walk around the St Tudnos church, said hello to the relatives I have buried up there.

The day before we went to Blakemere in Cheshire, again lovely sunshine. Had a wonder round and a cuppa then back home again.

Big Andrew working today so maybe Delamere on Sunday for a stroll in the forest.

As for GW, I think it's gone crap now. Even Carol Kleine seems to be struggling. Bring back Mt T, Percy Thrower of Geoff Hamilton. The rest of them are pants
Lots of love

Lizzie
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

I have to agree with Compo about them always moving plants, to me it's seems nice that they get some things wrong, but to a new gardener i would say they would find it very off putting.
They do seem to have got an awful lot of things wrong since they have been at Berryfields.
The pond must have been the biggest disaster, but fair play to them for admitting it.
In defence of the presenters, i don't know how much say they have in the content of the programme.

Superb sunshine here Pillbug. :twisted: :wink:
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
mazmezroz
KG Regular

GW is filmed just outside Stratford upon Avon, Warwickshire. I am about 17miles south of Stratford now, and our weather hasn't been as good as in the rest of the country - it was great last weekend, but this week, cloudy and foggy yesterday and today!! Not a lot of sunshine.

I think they seem to be promoting the fact that you can change your garden every couple of years if you want to - I don't understand that! One of the great things is seeing it develop over many years, and just removing the odd 'thug' or something that's past its sell by...
Tigger
KG Regular

GW is usually filmed the day before it's broadcasted, on a Thursday.
Shallot Man
KG Regular

I seem to recall some years ago, a gardening programme from Norfolk called "CLACKS FARM" now that was a gardening programme, the old boy who presented it I recall was in fact a retired farmer and not a celebrity. Shallotman
Bren
KG Regular

Hi

I thought that Clacks Farm was down around Worcester it was owned by Arthur Billet, we went to see it once when they had an open day.

Bren
Allan
KG Regular

I too went to see Clack's farm at Ombersley on an open day. I liked Arthur Billitt very much. He had all his vegetable area set out between paved paths. There were several greenhouses growing tomatoes by ring culture.
Shallot Man
KG Regular

Bren & Allen. Sorry as it was on Anglia TV I erroneously assumed it was in Norfolk. It was still the best gardening programme. Shallotman
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic