Happy BirdayAmadeus

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Allan
KG Regular

Readers of Daily Telegraph next week (comm. 30 Jan.)will get a new CD each day in The Great Composers collection.
Beethoven, Chopin, Handel, Tchaikowsky and Verdi.
Personally I don't see one CD doing justice to the works of any of these composers.
Chantal
KG Regular

Probably not but I suspect the hope is that listening to just a bit of the best of each will enthuse people to go and buy more. :)
Chantal

I know this corner of the earth, it smiles for me...
lizzie
KG Regular

Certainly will. I use these free cd's, burn onto pc then copy bits that I like onto another cd for use in the car etc. And it's a much cheaper way to do it. By doing this I have cd's with opera, classical, jazz, rhytham and blues, and my favourite rock band all on the one. It makes the journey all the better.

Must get new speakers as me woofers have gone. Too much load music. :twisted:
Lots of love

Lizzie
Allan
KG Regular

In our Sainsbury's there is a box in the passageway of sets of CDs at £6.99 a box. One of them is 10 Cds of Mozart symphonies, 46 0f them! it seems to be about all that he wrote. Orchestra Filarmonica Italiana.Can't be bad for that price. the Telegraph giveaways didn't include any symphonies.
Allan
Allan
KG Regular

I looked on the Mozart boxed set. It is produced by Membran, a German company. www. membran.net.This led me to Amazon.co.uk and a huge list of their other boxed sets etc. The 9 Beethoven symphonies looka a good bet at around £14 from Amazon Jersey. You can play a clip from every track of every composition in the set, you hardly need to, it's the Liverpool Phil.
Lots more to explore.
I'll tell you if Sainsbury's have any more good ones.
lizzie
KG Regular

I'm going to Motzart concert on the 25/02/06 at the Liverpool Philharmic with the Liverpool Phil playing. Should be a good night and, no doubt, we will pop down to the Everyman Bistro for a little bit of supper after the performance.

Last gig we went to was fab. There was one piece of string music that really got me. I was sitting there like a right muppet with tears streaming down the face. Music does that to me. Including U2. Gets me every time
Lots of love

Lizzie
The Grock in the Frock
KG Regular

r a can i come,or is it just you and the old man?
Love you lots like Jelly Tots
lizzie
KG Regular

Just me and The Old Fart. Suppose I'll have to wear something proper and not my usual jeans and t-shirt. Think i'll have to buy a posh frock. Only thing is, I only have hiking boots, wellies or trainers to wear so will have to buy shoes/boots as well. Might get the "funeral" trousers out and buy a new top and see if your nice boots will fit me Grock. The ones you wore for Babs' funeral!!!

Cheeky aren't I :twisted:
Lots of love

Lizzie
lizzie
KG Regular

Also means i'll have to wear smalls and not my long johns. I'll have to dig them out or did I use them for dusters????????
Lots of love

Lizzie
Allan
KG Regular

Re. my other message, just to make it clear, the boxed sets are all Membran but conveniently marketed on Amazon.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic