Severe Weather?

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Chris
KG Regular

Hi

North Scotland - near the Moray firth. It's minus 5, clear and crisp after a day of intermittent light snow showers and sunny intervals. Just got in from checking the greenhouse heating - hands cold on the keyboard.

What's the weather like for you? - I see a lot of snow forecast for Wales the S.E and the Midlands.
Chris
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Evening Chris, just got back from a village hall meeting, i'm surprised anyone hires it, it was colder in there than outside.
It is clear here too, lots of stars to be seen, but no wind so quite pleasant.
I think we are going to get some of this snow, i hope so in a selfish way as i bought a snow shovel and it needs testing. :)
I hope it doesn't hang around too long though, as it makes it hard work for the old people in the village.
Time will tell.
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Chantal
KG Regular

There's no snow here in Rugby yet, but it's forecast to arrive between 3-6am so 15 minutes to go :lol: I have my thermal underwear on standby :wink:
Chantal

I know this corner of the earth, it smiles for me...
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Woken to a white morning here, a good covering of snow, and feels a lot colder due to the wind blowing quite strongly. I always feel sorry for all the wildlife, extra bird food today i think.

alan refail
KG Regular

Not much snow here - yet. But an icy wind blowing. Enough to remind us it's still winter.

OH - keep the birds fed as we do all winter. Tried your new snow shovel yet?

Un wennol ni wna wanwyn
One swallow............

Alan
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Morning Alan, just taken my snow shovel on it's maiden run, and it handles impeccably. :wink:
We now have about three inches of snow and it's still coming down.

Chantal
KG Regular

It started snowing here around 5am and it's still coming down; only about an inch so far by the look of it but plenty more where it came from. :D

Making porridge for the chucks shortly.
Chantal

jopsy
KG Regular

we had hail early this morning
lily and dh saw some snow on the moors yesterday when they visited the ponies, it was lilys first real experience and she app said 'ugh cold!'
just wet now...
"Happiness is the sense that one matters"
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

It's still snowing heavy here, and it's heading up your way Chantal, so it looks like your going to get a few more inches yet.

Chantal
KG Regular

I made it into work although it took an hour to do a 30 minute walk. I have to admit I did stop and take photos on the way :oops: It still snowing like mad so we're planning on bailing out around 2pm; there's no one calling or emailing us anyway :?
Chantal

tea-shot
KG Regular

Woke to brilliant sunshine but a really hard frost. Don't think we are going to be lucky enough to get snow, well the gritters weren't out last night although that's not much to go on.
Looking at the local weather forecast on tv shows the snow skirting us and heading straight on to Scotland.
Old saying locally: If you can see the top of Dent (local fell) it's not raining, if you can't see the top then it's going to rain - but if you can't see dent at all then it's already raining :!: :D
madasafish
KG Regular

1cm snow here. Hard frosts (-3 to -6C) here..fed birds this am - all delighted especially the jackdaws who eat peanut cake. Even a thrush came.. a rare visitor. and the squirrels from the oak trees in the field.. a real PIA...
mazmezroz
KG Regular

S'been snowing heavily all morning, but has just eased off a bit. Have got about 3 - 4 inches. It's great!! Am gonna get out in it and play this afternoon.

Makes the garden look really well cared for - covers up all the tatty bits.
Tigger
KG Regular

It's been snowing at here for hours now. Struggled to get out of our lanes this morning, but it was OK once I got to the main road. Going to set off for home from work soon because if it freezes, I won't be able to get across the Gorge.

OH tried to leave home to go to Symonds Yat this morning, about an hour after me, but only got as far as the first junction. :roll:
seedling
KG Regular

Its still snowing in Rugby. Walked the dog along the disused railway this morning - it looked beautiful, just like Narnia. Harry my dog was so excited he was rolling in the snow and running around like a mad thing. My son has the day off school so hes pleased too.Making a pot of leek and potatoe soup now.
Seedling :D
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic