1000 MEMBER

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

jopsy
KG Regular

hurrah hurrah rooty toot
granny i just like chatting to the other old dears! :wink:
i read and save valuable info in my grey matter!
welcome welcome to kg our 1000th member
"Happiness is the sense that one matters"
Bren
KG Regular

Could it be that what we wanted to ask someone beat us to it,and we got our answer without asking, or maybe we feel silly if the question has already been asked before we joined.
I have been following this site for some time before joining and got a lot of useful information from it
Thank you all
Bren
Mr Potato Head

I suppose one benefit to a 'watcher' is that once registered, you can sign up to particular topics and receive email alerts when people make new posts. Plus when you return to the forum, you'll see where all the latest posts are.
Plus, you can PM people. For all I know, all these 'inactive' members are merrily PM'ing each other... :wink:
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Dear Mr Potato Head, i think that is just the attitude that we all need, thoughtful, informative, and also funny. :) :wink:
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Granny
KG Regular

Thank you Bren and Mr PH. Good points made. To be honest I hadn't registered that the little symbols only appeared when I'd logged on. I put it down to age.
-------------
Granny
alan refail
KG Regular

According to the members' list Wend is only 999 :!: (now)
Cred air o bob deg a glywi, a thi a gei rywfaint bach o wir (hen ddihareb Gymraeg)
Believe one tenth of what you hear, and you will get some little truth (old Welsh proverb)
madasafish
KG Regular

As someone who joined last year, I found here friendly and not the least daunting....(but then my wife says my skin makes a rhino hide look thin:-)
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

How come we seem too be getting more and more users, but it's the same name. :?:

alan refail
KG Regular

oldherbaceous wrote:How come we seem too be getting more and more users, but it's the same name. :?:

:?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

Alan
Allan
KG Regular

What happens when someone signs up out of curiosity and then never looks again. I know of no mechamism that prunes them off the list eventually. How about having a re-sign procedure, say annually unless they post something or at least log on.
alan refail
KG Regular

I notice we now have 1162 "registered users". Yet 590 (over 50%) have never made any post at all, and many more only one. Maybe Allan had a point about re-registering. I have also noticed a few signing up to advertise their events or companies. Perhaps these could be denied access.

alan
Cred air o bob deg a glywi, a thi a gei rywfaint bach o wir (hen ddihareb Gymraeg)
Believe one tenth of what you hear, and you will get some little truth (old Welsh proverb)
Losos
KG Regular

Hi Allen,
That's not a bad idea, it would keep the membership more active.

Just for info I'm registered on many forums and it's not unusual to find only about 20% are active members. I don't know why people only ever post once, or never, after going to trouble of registering one would think they would contribute a bit.

For myself, I must put my hand up to not being active through the winter, but that's mainly because the winters here are very cold (minus 20 at night) and the snow is three feet deep.

So far as a competition for guessing when OH will hit 1500 posts. All I can say is that UK Workshop did this recently and there were a lot of accusations of conspiracy, to begine with at least, 'tho I was never part of that.
Regards
Bren
KG Regular

Alan could it be that some are registered twice, I know that I am, I used to be on the orignal forum then I reregistered on this one Nov.05, last Oct/Nov 06 my old computer went caput. lost everything on it no I didn't have a back up, last Dec. I got a new computer and tried to get back on the forum but couldn't remember my password after many tries I reregistered in Jan.this year, I have gone through all the names on the list and I am there for Nov.05, a good many others could be in the same
boat.

Bren
alan refail
KG Regular

... and then there were only 972 :!:

Alan
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Looks like they have cleared some of the old wood out Alan, i better be on my guard. :) :wink:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic